Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

4th Take vs T14 Goal As Is

AlessioMatteoAlessioMatteo Free Trial Member
edited June 2018 in Law School Admissions 42 karma

Hello everyone,

Kind of in a tight spot. Have taken the LSAT three times thus far. Based on my most recent score I would still qualify as a reverse splitter for T14 schools. I’m trying to weigh my options of applying among the T14 this cycle vs a 4th take in July and how that might look. I underperformed my PT range by about 5 points on the June 2018 exam. Above 75th GPA wise but sitting around 25th for LSAT.

I have read various posts about the upper limit for the number of takes but I am still searching for some advice.

Not sure if most simply would simply base their position off plugging the numbers in LSN and judging off there, but I am somewhat concerned about how a fourth take would look.

Any advice is appreciated,

Thank you all

Comments

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    edited June 2018 4423 karma

There is no point at which you are going to be worse off getting a new higher highest score. A few schools may not like 4 takes quite as much as getting the highest score on one take, but they are still going to like it a lot more than three takes and a lower highest score.

So in my opinion it shouldn't be a tough decision whether to retake, but when. You want to make absolutely sure you don't need a fifth or sixth not so much because the law schools won't be thrilled anout it, but because it eats up your time and money. So the question I would weigh is July vs September. Unless you are pretty confident you can do better by July I would probably wait till September since it won't really delay your apps and will give you more time to study and lock in a higher score.

• CantStopWontStopCantStopWontStop Alum Member
    1270 karma

@"Seeking Perfection" Great post as always, thanks!