Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What course do you recommend?

jasmine.lsatterjasmine.lsatter Alum Member
in General 72 karma

I can’t decide, though I’m leaning towards Ultimate or Ultimate plus. I’m in the middle of the free trial and while it’s been helpful in a very general sort of way, I really need hands-on practice with a lot of structure... similar to “now do problems x, y, and z.” I know you must be thinking what is she a five year old... but I think this would work best for me. Are the courses structured along these lines (roughly)?

Comments

• ebalde1234ebalde1234 Member
    905 karma

I have the ultimate but if you haven’t gotten anything yet I would get the ultimate plus if you are looking to move up the most. If you end up upgrading later it won’t be worth it . Both courses are pretty comparable the main diff being that with the plus you get the recent pts with explanations.

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    edited July 2018 1777 karma

Plus!!! For sure. The LR drill packs and access to harder problem sets make a huge difference while studying. I guess if you're aiming to score in the 150s it wouldn't be as big of a difference, but I'm assuming that if you're looking at the top two packages, you're looking to get a higher score. Of course, you can score higher with lower packages... it's just harder when you don't have access to the hardest practice problems.

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    edited July 2018 1777 karma

The course is basically a bunch of videos explaining how to do a type of problem in detail, then videos taking you step-by-step through some problems, and then you get problem sets to try on your own. Each problem set comes with thorough video explanations for every answer, too.

• JPJ July2021JPJ July2021 Core Member
    1532 karma

Ultimate Plus all the way! It has everything you need to succeed.

• jasmine.lsatterjasmine.lsatter Alum Member
    72 karma

Thank you all for your responses!

• paulmv.benthempaulmv.benthem Alum Member
    1032 karma

@"jasmine.lsatter" said:
    I can’t decide, though I’m leaning towards Ultimate or Ultimate plus. I’m in the middle of the free trial and while it’s been helpful in a very general sort of way, I really need hands-on practice with a lot of structure... similar to “now do problems x, y, and z.” I know you must be thinking what is she a five year old... but I think this would work best for me. Are the courses structured along these lines (roughly)?

It really depends on how much direction you are hoping to receive from the course. In terms of the curriculum itself, it will provide you with lessons on the different aspects of the course and problem sets to help practice what you've learned. However, once you've finished the curriculum, the steps you'll take in your prep are not clearly outlined because much of it will depend on your personal strengths and weakness, meaning that at times there is some uncertainty, at times, surrounding what the "next step" in your prep would be. Indeed, the process of identifying your own weaknesses and working on them is critical to increasing your performance. Yet, I would argue that this is an advantage of 7Sage over other "one-size-fits-all" courses that prescribe specific step-by-step instructions.

Moreover, as you work through your prep, there are plenty of people on these forums who would be happy to chat with you to diagnosis some of you weakness and offer suggestions for remedying them.

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Plus because you get everything in the same place.

• ElleWoods77ElleWoods77 Alum Member
    1184 karma

Upgraded from Premium to Plus and I do not regret it.

• shegotitshegotit Member
    edited July 2018 211 karma

Make sure to get ultimate or ultimate plus because like someone stated earlier, upgrading is not worth it and getting one of those packages in the beginning will be worth the money

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

If you have the money, I highly highly recommend Ultimate+. It really can't be overstated how helpful all the problem sets are and that you get access to all of the new tests as they are released.

The course is structured with an outline that you work way through, watching videos. At the end of a lot of lessons there will be some exercises to do to practice what you just learned. There are also problem sets of questions by question type to firm up your understanding. The Ultimate+ also comes with a packet of all the logic games from PTs 1-35 to work through using the foolproof method, which is really helpful to have. Basically, the more material available to study from, the better in my opinion. And since 7sage is so affordable compared to other companies, even the biggest package is still really cost efficient. I totally get that not everyone can afford it still though, so it's also possible to upgrade as you have available funds. But if you can do Ultimate+ right off the bat, I really think it is so helpful.