Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which of the following most logically completes the passage?

Does anyone have tips on how to attack these sort of questions?

Also, what category of questions does this particular type of question belong to? I'm trying to find it on the curriculum but I'm not sure where to look.

Thanks ahead of time!

Comments

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

These questions are great practice for anticipation practice. Which is also my biggest tip: read the stimulus and think hard before you go into the answer choices. Really try to figure it out before going to the answer choices. Slow down and anticipate. Spending more time in the stimulus is the key to success here.

• Giselle112Giselle112 Alum Member
    151 karma

I've been reading through the different approaches to this type of question and from what I've gathered people are approaching them in different ways:

-Identify the Conclusion
    -Most Strongly Supported
    -Must Be True
    -Sufficient Assumption

I'm still not sure how to best approach them but @JustDoIt 's advice seems solid.

• jhbm_nycjhbm_nyc Alum Member
    568 karma

I would treat these complete the blank Q's as must be true/most strongly supported Q's. The idea is the same -- to push out an inference from the stimulus. The inference can be either a premise or conclusion, but either way, it must be supported by the text. There are problem sets with these Q types under the Miscellaneous Questions section of the CC.

• Jennifer 2021-1-1Jennifer 2021-1-1 Core Member
    edited July 2018 204 karma

A treat it like MBT question, I gather the facts and stick to it. I do not add extra facts out of the argument.