Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Learning Wrong Questions

glaezzoglaezzo Free Trial Member
in General 98 karma

How do you learn the mistakes that you made from questions that you’ve gotten wrong on previous practice test? When I review them, I kind of feel like I don’t remember what I learned two weeks later. How do you get around this?

Comments

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma

I would say try drawing a parallel argument to that stimulus. This first requires extracting the core argument out of the stimulus. Lets say the stimulus went from correlation in the premises to causation in the conclusion. Then based on this and how the stimulus is structured, try writing down a parallel argument for it with a different subject matter. This will help you apply the knowledge you have just learned and solidify it. It also helps put you in LSAT writers shoes so you can better see how they hide an argument behind subject matter and grammar.

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    1777 karma

Keep a list of the question types you got wrong. If you got a few of the same type wrong, drill the entire question type. Redoing the problems once or twice will only keep things in your short-term memory, and it will be difficult to translate the concepts you've learned into other questions.

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

@"samantha.ashley92" said:
    Keep a list of the question types you got wrong. If you got a few of the same type wrong, drill the entire question type. Redoing the problems once or twice will only keep things in your short-term memory, and it will be difficult to translate the concepts you've learned into other questions.

I agree with this. I also used to cut questions out and put them in a draw then revisit them in a few weeks or so. If I still did not understand them, I would write out explanations.