Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Major "Cognitive Science" how to categorize?

cornfield.xcornfield.x Free Trial Member

Hey all, I am currently in the process of signing up for CAS Credential. During my undergrad, I double major in Cognitive Science and Sociology. How should I categorize "cognitive science?" It is an interdisciplinary subject. Is it a social science? or natural science? Either category does not have the major listed. Should I just go ahead choose "social science" and "psychology" instead? But I feel that would be a distortion, should I choose "other"? Thank you so much!

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

I would choose "other" if I were you. For the most part, schools aren't going to care what your major is anyway and it's better to be as accurate as possible. I would think that because you have another, more commonly known major it would be even less of an issue.

• Victoria.Victoria. Member
    553 karma

I also double majored in cognitive science and chose "interdisciplinary-other", it looks and feels weird but I didn't want to miscategorize the major. Schools might see your university transcripts that list out your majors? Not sure but that's what I'm hoping for, or at least it will be listed on our resumes?