Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Applying to law schools that average multiple LSAT scores

gkoskigkoski Alum Member
in General 106 karma

Hi everyone,

I have wanted to apply to a regional school; however, the website states that multiple LSAT scores are averaged. This will work to my disadvantage since I cancelled once, then had a really disappointed LSAT performance. I would have to score a 175 or higher to pull my average LSAT score to their median.

I wanted to get some input whether I should just forget about applying that school, and set focus on another regional school with lower LSAT median.

Needless to say I am applying to both. Have any of you experienced something similar to this? Were you able to get in, get waitlisted, etc?

Would love some input. Thanks!

Comments

• nathanieljschwartznathanieljschwartz Alum Member
    1723 karma

Hi, so I would tell you that unless the school is Yale or possibly Stanford I doubt they will average your scores. It is known that almost no schools really average bc it is against there better interest. All schools are obsessed with their rankings with the US news and it is there prerogative to only report the highest score of their applicants. All this said I doubt you have to worry abt scoring a 175. would you mind telling me what the schools average is ?

• gkoskigkoski Alum Member
    106 karma

Hi-

Definitely- the average LSAT is 164. My last recorded LSAT score was under 150 (which I will have to explain in an addendum). Several applicants that have higher LSAT and GPA have been rejected and have told me to steer clear. I am set to re-take Nov 2019, and I figure I'll put together my app, and submit. My thought is that I'll miss 100% of the shots that I don't take in this process.

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

@nathanieljschwartz said:
    Unless the school is Yale or possibly Stanford I doubt they will average your scores.

This is correct. I personally spoke with the admissions deans of SLS and YLS and they seemed to indicate that they will take all scores into account.

I wouldn't worry about the average either. If so, my average wouldn't have gotten me into the schools that I got into.

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    1777 karma

I wouldn't count on a school averaging your scores unless they specifically state that they do. Just do the best you can! And do you mean November 2018?

• gkoskigkoski Alum Member
    106 karma

Hey guys thanks for the encouragement. Yes I meant Nov 2018 oops! University of Washington , the school I would really like to attend,averages multiple LSAT scores. My PT scores are consistently above their median,so hoping to keep the momentum going. Thanks for the input!