Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone ever taken an administered LSAT for practice purpose?

TheShrimpEaterTheShrimpEater Alum Member
in General 46 karma

Hi everyone,

I just registered for the September test, but honestly don't know if I would be ready by then. I have been studying since June, so far I finished the Power Score LSAT bible textbooks and did about 10 prep Tests. I can finish Logic Games within the time limit, but each reading and logical reasoning would take me on average 40-45 min to finish :( I am working full time as an engineer, and have about 15 hour to study each week. Right now I am really stressed, not sure if I should take the November test or September one, I even thought about taking the September test and cancel right away just to "feel" the real exam. Does anyone have any suggestion? Thank you very very much!!!

Comments

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

You'll have less risk, probably, if you don't take it until you're scoring where you want to score. Unless you cancel, the score stays on the books for 5 years. I get it that it's hard with FT work. One day at a time. We'll get there.

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

A lot of universities offer free practice LSATs. They'll use an old preptest (usually June 2007) and proctor it like a real LSAT. You can also bring your own PT in if you've done whatever one they're using. This can be a good way to get somewhat of an idea about how it feels to actually test without spending the two hundred bucks and without having a low score or cancellation on your record. I would recommend checking with your local colleges/universities to see if they do anything like this.

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

You can just stimulate practice tests for the timing and use the 7sage proctor app. I don't think it's beneficial to use an official take as a practice take even if it's 'unlimited' now.

• TheShrimpEaterTheShrimpEater Alum Member
    46 karma

@> @lsatplaylist said:

You'll have less risk, probably, if you don't take it until you're scoring where you want to score. Unless you cancel, the score stays on the books for 5 years. I get it that it's hard with FT work. One day at a time. We'll get there.

Thank you for your advice! I think I will take the November test :)

46 karma

@MissChanandler said:
    A lot of universities offer free practice LSATs. They'll use an old preptest (usually June 2007) and proctor it like a real LSAT. You can also bring your own PT in if you've done whatever one they're using. This can be a good way to get somewhat of an idea about how it feels to actually test without spending the two hundred bucks and without having a low score or cancellation on your record. I would recommend checking with your local colleges/universities to see if they do anything like this.

Thank you very much! I didn't even know schools have that, definitely going to check out. Thanks again~!!!

46 karma

@keets993 said:
    You can just stimulate practice tests for the timing and use the 7sage proctor app. I don't think it's beneficial to use an official take as a practice take even if it's 'unlimited' now.

Thanks, I am planning to re schedule the test :)