Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reading Comprehension Timing Indications

william.truongwilliam.truong Free Trial Member

Hey guys,

When practicing LG, I always go to the 7sage Youtube channel for indications as to how long I should take to solve a specific game. At the beginning of his video explanations, JYP always mentions how long you should take if you're trying to get a perfect LG score, and this has been quite helpful.

Do you guys know of a similar resource for RC?

Will

Comments

• sx23sx23 Alum Member
    409 karma

JY sometimes indicates the recommended time in the beginning of the video explanations for the passages. But I don’t think it’s that helpful for RC to follow the recommended time because RC speed is very much dependent on background. For example, I’m a STEM major so I read science passages a lot faster than art. Some people also just take more time to read but they might do questions faster. I think the best thing to do is to figure out your own pace and stick to it. Hope this helps

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    1777 karma

I believe the average is 8 min and 45 seconds (including filling in the answer sheet bubbles). If you take 4 minutes to read, you'll have about 4.5 min for about 6 questions. From that breakdown, I would budget 4 min to read and about 45 seconds per question. If it takes you longer to read, you'll just have to cut off time from answering questions. You'll definitely have to get into the habit of skipping long questions, too. (That is totally fine, btw.)

• ebalde1234ebalde1234 Member
    905 karma

@"samantha.ashley92" said:
    I believe the average is 8 min and 45 seconds (including filling in the answer sheet bubbles). If you take 4 minutes to read, you'll have about 4.5 min for about 6 questions. From that breakdown, I would budget 4 min to read and about 45 seconds per question. If it takes you longer to read, you'll just have to cut off time from answering questions. You'll definitely have to get into the habit of skipping long questions, too. (That is totally fine, btw.)

That’s the standard time frame .. also you’ll have to decide if you’re going to do all the passages. Some do all 4 some skip 1

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    1777 karma

I haven't seen anyone recommend skipping an entire passage. I've also watched Nicole Hopkins' video on RC and she said that you absolutely should do every passage, and in order.