Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Strategies for Question Types on Reading Comp

Quick SilverQuick Silver Alum Inactive Sage
edited November 2014 in Reading Comprehension 1049 karma
Hi All -

Is there any book/course with a really solid strategy for question types on Reading Comp?

Not just main point and inference questions, but more complex ones like Analogy and Prove/Disprove.

As an SAT tutor, I emphasize these question types and specific strategies for them to my students. It makes a BIG difference. But there seems to be limited info on them in other courses (ie power score's RC bible focuses on mp and inference but there's little on the more advanced types)....

I tried using what I teach my SAT students but it just doesn't translate as well to the complexities of the LSAT RC material.

So, Anyone know of where I can a really solid strategy for advanced question types on Reading Comp?

Comments

• K-MagnetK-Magnet Alum Member
    283 karma
    Try The LSAT Trainer. Kim specifically addresses different types. I especially like his model of the 'Price is Right' strategy for Analogy Questions.
  • 131 karma
    I think the key is reference. If you know where exactly in the passage to refer to, then you should be able to whip up a solid grasp of the concept. RC definitely, and rigorously, tests short term memory.
  • Quick SilverQuick Silver Alum Inactive Sage
    1049 karma
    Thanks so much K-Magnet! I'll check it out

I appreciate what you wrote Derek, but I'm already doing that - I want to hone in on question types to take my RC scores to the next level.