Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Experimenting With Reading for Structure

Pardon my panicking, but I'm a month away from the LSAT and decided to change my approach to RC, with major emphasis placed on structure as opposed to details. In doing so, I managed to get -12 (woah!) on the RC section in PrepTest 63. Has anybody experimented with RC and fallen into such a rut in the past? In particular, has anybody experimented with an emphasis on structure? If so, do you have any advice as how to adopt this approach (in other words, what should I be doing to inculcate such an approach into my strategy)? (If it is relevant, my inspiration came from Mike Kim's free RC video online.)

Comments

• Adam HawksAdam Hawks Alum Member
    990 karma

Yes, when trying to use new strategies you will often fall into a rut until you become more proficient and comfortable with the new strategy. Don't neglect the details in the passage though, just make a key summary about what the particular detail is supporting (e.g. author's view, scientists' view, etc.).