Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I need help formulating a study schedule

Bianca1234-1Bianca1234-1 Alum Member
in General 69 karma

So my current method of study I feel hasn't been the most efficient. What I was doing was rotating the sections that I worked on every few weeks. I'd do 1 or two sections and blind review either right after or the following day. I feel like I may get more out of maybe rotating each day rather than every two weeks, but I have no experience doing so. Has this worked out for anyone? What other methods do you suggest?

Comments

• Adam HawksAdam Hawks Alum Member
    990 karma

That seems like it is ok, 1-2 timed sections a day with a BR. Don't do more than 2 tests a week and take a full one once every two weeks.

I think the issue may lie with your BR. How is your BR? Do you understand why you do not understand why the right answer is right? Are you journaling answers that you do not understand?

Keep a journal for all the wrong LR questions and even RC passages. Relax and you'll do fine.

https://media.giphy.com/media/sRiARHYSPJXDq/giphy.gif

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    1777 karma

When are you testing? Are you struggling with a particular section?

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

I studied 4 hours per day. For the last few months, each day I would foolproof 2 LG sections, take a timed LR/RC section, and BR the timed section from the previous day. I would also review my binder of LR questions which gave me difficulty for 15 minutes.

I took a PT every 10 days. BRing a PT would take me about 5-6 days. So the above was done between that BR and the next PT.

• Bianca1234-1Bianca1234-1 Alum Member
    69 karma

@"samantha.ashley92" said:
    When are you testing? Are you struggling with a particular section?

I PT once a week because I don't get off work until after 6pm. I'm not struggling on a section but there are things I can definitely improve. I was trying to give even attention to each.

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

I think @"samantha.ashley92" meant when are you taking the actual LSAT. I definitely would make sure that most days when you study you see something from each section (in general). If you want to take a week or two to really just hammer out some fool proofing or work on a specific weakness than I think that's totally fine, but in general you want your skills in each section to stay sharp.

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    edited August 2018 1777 karma

Yes, I meant when are you taking the LSAT? If you're testing in September, your plan needs to be way different than if you're studying for a 2019 test.

• 200 karma

I think it's better to mix it up more often since on the actual test, the ability to switch between the (partially) disparate skill sets required RC, LG, and LR is super important. I always found that when I focused on just one section type for a long period, my abilities in the other two would take a bit of a dip. So I'd always try to do extensive work on at least two of the sections in a given day of study.

You can still focus on a particular section that is pulling down your score, but I'd recommend always doing at least a little bit of each section each day that you study, no exceptions. So, let's say you want to spend a week foolproofing a bunch of LG, try to do at least a handful of LR questions and a passage or two of LR each day that you study. These can even be old LR questions/passages that you've already completed -- the important thing is that you are reinforcing these mental skillsets.

I started doing this and found that it really helped maintaining my averages in the other two sections when focusing on one.