At an impasse - low 160's

JJML1993JJML1993 Free Trial Member
in General 18 karma

I've been studying full-time for the past month and a half and began studying casually using the powerscore books and LSAT Trainer in early June. I'm relatively new to 7Sage but have been relying on the LG videos a ton and found them to be so helpful.

I had initially planned to sit for the September exam but with only three and a half weeks remaining, I'm positive I'll have to postpone until November. In my last five exams, I've scored 165, 162, 162, 161, and 160. My LG has become much stronger, as I missed between 0 and 3 on each exam. But I'm concerned because RC and LR are both really weak, and I've always heard the easy gains are in LG. In early practice exams I would miss no more than 5 questions on RC, but I've regressed, and LR has been consistently problematic, as I miss an average of 7 per section.

Would it be beneficial to go through 7sage core curriculum lessons? I don't think there are major conceptual gaps in my understanding, as I know exactly what to do when I see a question stem and my blind reviews get me to 170. Also, I'm burning through PT's pretty quickly...have about 25 fresh exams left...

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to best proceed for the November exam? My goal is 168+. I will be starting grad school next week, so I won't be able to devote nearly as much time, but luckily my undergrad grades are locked in.

Any advice would be so so appreciated...

Comments

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    1777 karma

Are you sure you want to retake? Six takes is a lot. I would think about writing an addendum if you are going to do that. Also, out of curiosity, what are you going to grad school for?

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

Wait- are these last five scores PTs or actual takes? If you haven't taken it yet, I'd suggest maybe getting a starter account and going through the CC.

• JJML1993JJML1993 Free Trial Member
    18 karma

woops should have definitely specified that those five scores are all practice tests! i have never sat for the actual LSAT.

and i'm going to a grad program for international relations!

maybe i'll go back to basics and do the CC...

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

I would suggest spending an hour or so with a tutor. 7Sage has some great and affordable ones and they can help you with a plan going forward! I think if you got to 160 within a month, hitting a 168 won't be too much of an issue for you.

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    2531 karma

I agree with Alex. A tutor can help solve this issue on a more personal level. They can get expensive over time but it pays for itself.

• dlr60657dlr60657 Alum Member
    41 karma

Don't worry, you just need more time. My first 5 PTs were 157, 159, 162, 162, and 162. I thought I plateaued, but I got a 168 on the July test. Do timed/untimed practice, watch explanations, read different material, take note of why/how you got questions/passages wrong, and try to absorb the material as much as possible. The more you do, the more you'll get the hang of the LSAT. I really can't stress untimed practice enough. Get your fundamentals down, then incorporate timing, and work your way toward a strategy. Dig through these forums, too. There is a plethora of knowledge and study tips in these here forums.

• JJML1993JJML1993 Free Trial Member
    18 karma

dlr60657, congratulations on a great score and thank you all for the advice. i'll start working with a tutor and solidify understanding before taking any more timed tests. also going to try meditating haha

much appreciated all.