Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Was Disqus removed?

KK Free Trial Member
edited August 2013 in Technical Problems 345 karma
Sorry for noobish question but was this feature removed?

I had asked a bunch of questions and gotten responses from both JY and other students. I'm trying to find one of these and I'm not sure how to do so.

Please help me out. Thanks.

Comments

• 7Sage Admin7Sage Admin Administrator
    edited August 2013 298 karma
    Yup, we removed disqus to replace it with our custom solution that is (in my opinion) superior. The new system emails you about replies to your comments so that you are notified about responses (you can opt out with a checkbox on each comment). That will make finding future comments easier.

Unfortunately, I see that it has made finding older comments harder. Sorry!

To help remedy this, I added a section showing all your comments at the bottom of the notes page here: Notes Page. Clicking on the titles above each comment takes you to that page, and clicking on the date of the comment takes you directly to that comment in the context of the page.

EDIT: It's now available as it's own page under Course > My Comments (here)

There is a link to this notes page just under the progress bar on the course syllabus page.

I hope this helps, please let me know!
  • KK Free Trial Member
    345 karma
    Thanks so much. I really appreciate it!
  • KK Free Trial Member
    345 karma
    One more thing if you wouldn't mind:

Can you do something so if we make a comment the page won't have to refresh? If the video is playing and I submit a comment it refreshes the page and I have to restart the video.

Thx
  • Alan Cheuk-2Alan Cheuk-2 Administrator
    edited September 2013 3075 karma
    I cleaned it up a bit, so now you access your comments from the meny, under:
    Course > My Comments.

Your notes are now also available from the menu, under:
    Course > My Notes

Getting the comments not requiring a page refresh is a great idea. This may take a while though...
  • steven appelbaumsteven appelbaum Free Trial Member
    45 karma
    Though I do love the email notifications, is it possible to have the Disqus as well? The difference is minimal but it was easier to navigate back and forth through the website with the Disqus as opposed to opening to a new link. Nothing major, just another convenience if not too difficult to fix.
  • KK Free Trial Member
    345 karma
    Alan!

I noticed you added a little notification after we submit a comment :D

thanks!
  • Alan Cheuk-2Alan Cheuk-2 Administrator
    3075 karma
    My pleasure, I hope it makes commenting smoother for you all since there is no page refresh now.