Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feb Study Plan

ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
edited November 2014 in February 2015 LSAT 2116 karma
Hello all!
I plan on purchasing the 7Sage course soon and am planning out my schedule until Feb. I have been previously studying for the Dec and postponed due to not feeling ready yet. I'm currently in a Blueprint class set to end in 2 weeks. My first cold diagnostic back in July was a 136...lol. My diagnostic for the BP class on Sept 28 was a 151and I most recently just hit 163 on a PT last week. BP has definitely helped me reach 160 but I feel it does not really cater to the needs of a 170+ scorer.

I plan to complete the 7Sage Curriculum during December and complement with the LR/LG Cambridge Packets for drilling. I'll save the LR/LG "Most Difficult" Packets for January and start section drilling/PT's as well in January. I will drill the RC packets in no particular order, but from Dec-Jan. Can I get some opinions about this brief study plan?

Comments

• jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited November 2014 2654 karma
    go over the videos when you get it, grammar lessons are awesome for breaking down the stimulus, keep going up, 180... done :)
  • ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    @jdawg113

Thanks! I actually just purchased it last night. Starting the curriculum today! Hoping I will find the magic solution to RC and LR. :P
    2654 karma
    welcome :P
  • naveedhalavinaveedhalavi Alum Member
    124 karma
    Hey licknee10, tomorrow's my last day of the blueprint course and i'm kinda in the same situation, don't feel ready for the december test so i'm postponing to feb. As someone who has finished the BP course and has purchased 7sage, do you feel like it covers anything that blueprint hasn't? I'm trying to decide whether to extend my myblueprint account or instead just use the money to buy a starter course on 7sage.
    2116 karma
    I would recommend 7sage all the way. It'll probably be cheaper than to extend the BP account. I don't get much out of the BP video explanations for some reason.
  • Catehm88Catehm88 Alum Member
    8 karma
    licknee10, glad to see that I am in the same boat. I will be starting from tomorrow until February. I however have done a bit of prep outside of my my prep class, and was hitting 172-173 and my score began to plummet within a week and a half of the December test (162-167), so I am not going to chance it. Did you feel like there was too much overlap in the material, strategies here versus the prep company (I took Powerscore)? I am just a bit worried about spending money and getting a lot of the same material or information-which we know time is a very rare commodity when it comes to studying for the LSAT.
    2116 karma
    @catherinem88 Do you mean you are starting the 7Sage course tomorrow? Here's my experience: I used the Trainer and Manhattan LR->Blueprint course->now 7Sage. Aside from just categorizing/grouping question types differently, I thought there were very little difference in terms of actually solving the questions.

For example, BP groups Flaw separately from Strengthen/Weaken whereas Manhattan LR has them together. But the method to solving them is essentially the same; you just have to identify the argument core. For flaws, you just note what's wrong with the stimulus and strengthen/weaken, you identify the support from premise to conclusion and adjust according to the prompt.
  • Catehm88Catehm88 Alum Member
    8 karma
    Yes, I'm beginning tomorrow. Thanks this is helpful. I have 14 day money back guarantee; I'll see based on a few lessons if too much overlap occurs.
  • TDogg100TDogg100 Free Trial Member
    7 karma
    What package are you guys buying?
    2116 karma
    @travisvititoe

I'm actually on the Premium Package (middle one)!
  • ValBerroaValBerroa Alum Member
    77 karma
    @ddakjiking
    I have read some of your post and I would like to get some tips from you. My last PT was 135 :-(. Im using 7sage and also reading the Power Score Bibles. I was thinking about taking the June LSAT but now im not sure. All I need is 160. Help.
    2116 karma
    @ValBerroa I just got my score back and scored low 160's.
    What I would suggest is lay off PT'ing for a bit and really spend time going through the 7Sage Curriculum. I thought that the LR and LG lessons were pretty good! Make sure to do the practice sets at the end of each lesson under the suggested time limit too. Also purchase the Cambridge drilling packets and drill your weak points before moving onto full section and full PT's.
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    @ValBerroa Put down Powerscore!
  • JengibreJengibre Member
    383 karma
    ^Agreed. Powerscore (in my experience) is far less helpful than 7sage. The method is unnecessarily complicated. I would think about shooting for October instead of June. A 25 point increase is certainly possible, but 3 months is not very much time to make that happen.
    2654 karma
    I wouldn't be so quick to jump to Oct though. 25 is deff a lot but there could easily be something that clicks real well and helps you jump a lot. Keep pushing and see how its going and adjust a bit further on
    2116 karma
    Yeah, it really depends on the person. Obviously it took me from July to Feb 7th (7 months) improve 25+ points officially.

@ValBerroa : What's your schedule like? Are you still in school or working?
    3462 karma
    If you manage -0 in LG you'll be fine! lol focus on LG and RC
  • Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited March 2015 3438 karma
    Yes... @emli1000 is right.... Powerscore is unnecessarily complicated - 7sage is a lot simpler and breaks down the curriculum piecemeal so that you can easily build a strong foundation... go with 7sage and the LSAT trainer... Do RC from the trainer, Flaw from 7sage and the Trainer and logic games from 7sage.
    3462 karma
    I agree with @"Nilesh S" if you use Powerscore in conjunction with 7Sage it will actually confuse you.
  • ValBerroaValBerroa Alum Member
    77 karma
    @ddakjiking I have been out of college since 2006. I work full time Mon-Fri.
    2116 karma
    @ValBerroa I do not work full time so I would like to call out @jdawg113 and he'll give you tips on studying while working.
    2654 karma
    lol hi :P yeah working full time is a pain. Ive posted it a few times in various threads but you really just have to utilize the free time you do have. I leave at 8am and get home just before 6pm. I wake up early to work out so I try to get through what I need to and study for a bit before I leave for work, obviously not getting too much in but I try and get what I can in, even if its only like 10 questions. Then when I get home I eat and jump right back in and get what I can b4 I go to sleep (if waking up early you want to make sure you get to sleep early... sleep is important) I personally can get a little bit better quality in the morning vs being ready to pass out trying to squeeze a bit more in, you may be different, you wanna just get a feel for how you are. I am just starting back up and I have a little more I do in my day so it will be tricky but ya just gotta toy with your schedule until you find what works best. Weekends are obviously the big days. I try and get a PT or 2 in (depending on where you are in prep) and solid review will some more drilling. It stinks not having much of a social life but with a packed schedule theres not much of a choice when you're aiming high.

With where your score is now, it is possible June won't be enough time with a restricted schedule... BUT that is not to say study light and aim for October. Work your butt off and do everything you can do be ready to kill it in June and if you happen to be where you need to be take it, if not push back. The slightest thing could click and you end up jumping 10 points in no time, go through the lessons/books. Drill a decent amount of questions of each type as you go over it and serious review. A 135 is some serious fundamental issues so you really wanna focus on learning the questions better and how they are put together and what they are asking of you