Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Decreased performance within a section

lbalestrierilbalestrieri Alum Member
edited November 2014 in Logical Reasoning 110 karma
I'm getting worried about my Logical Reasoning performance since I've discovered a negative trend in my preptests. I tend to do well in the beginning of a section and then do much worse later on in a section. For example, in preptest 63 section 3, I got one wrong in the first 16 questions and then from questions 17-26 I got 6 wrong. A similar phenomenon happened in the other LR section on that test and has happened on other tests as well. I'm wondering if the questions tend to get more difficult as the sections continue or if something else is happening. I also do have diagnosed attention problems and am worried that my attention is slipping as I get further along in the section. Has anyone else experienced this? And does anyone have any advice?

Comments

• ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    Yup. Questions start to get fairly difficult after the 13-15 range. And then the last few get a little bit easier.

A tactic that's thrown around is to finish the first 15 in 15. That will leave you 20 minutes for the last 10 or 11 questions.
  • lbalestrierilbalestrieri Alum Member
    110 karma
    That timing sounds like a good plan. I tend to have quite a bit of time left over (5-9 minutes) that I usually go back and re-look at circled questions, but it might be a better use of my time to slow down during the second half then and give more time to those questions.