Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Application Requirements for Top Law Schools

David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator

Hi everyone,

We've updated our Application Requirements for Top Law Schools, and we'll continue to update it as more applications become available.

Special thanks to @akiko for helping us with this project!

Comments

• PearsonSpecterLittUpPearsonSpecterLittUp Alum Member
    588 karma

THANK YOUUUU!

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Wooo!

• Habeas PorpoiseHabeas Porpoise Alum Member Sage
    1866 karma

This is awesome, thanks!

...but on another note there's just so much to prepare ~_~

• eRetakereRetaker Free Trial Member
    2043 karma

Thanks for consolidating the new prompts! But how come these optional essays don't feel optional lol

• AshleighKAshleighK Alum Member
    786 karma

This is amazing!

• AshleighKAshleighK Alum Member
    786 karma

@eRetaker said:
    Thanks for consolidating the new prompts! But how come these optional essays don't feel optional lol

"Optional" = do it anyways lmao

• btownsqueebtownsquee Alum Member
    1207 karma

This is so helpful. Thank you!

• ChaimtheGreatChaimtheGreat Alum Member 🍌🍌
    1277 karma

Should I write the Columbia "tell us some of your hobbies" prompt? It says it won't factor into admissions either way but... shrug

• David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
    7286 karma

@ChaimtheGreat I would.

• michael_theodoremichael_theodore Alum Member
    253 karma

Should I address any gaps in my employment history? If so, how can I do so without making it sound like an excuse?

7286 karma

If you have a gap of longer than, say, 6 months, it's not a bad idea to explain it. You could add a bullet to your résumé's personal section to note, for example, that you were helping to take care of someone in your family, or you could write a short addendum.

Without knowing more about your situation, it's hard to say how you can explain it without making it look like an excuse, but I can say that if it's legitimate, I think your sincerity will come across.

• ad_coelumad_coelum Alum Member
    285 karma

@"David.Busis" said:
    If you have a gap of longer than, say, 6 months, it's not a bad idea to explain it. You could add a bullet to your résumé's personal section to note, for example, that you were helping to take care of someone in your family, or you could write a short addendum.

Without knowing more about your situation, it's hard to say how you can explain it without making it look like an excuse, but I can say that if it's legitimate, I think your sincerity will come across.

To add to this question, do we need to include an addendum if we took 6 months off work to study for the LSAT? Thanks in advance for your help.

• akikoakiko Member
    10 karma

Updated: Georgetown Law's requirements (including optional response questions)
    https://7sage.com/admissions/lesson/application-requirements-for-top-schools/

• Patz4lifePatz4life Alum Member
    214 karma

Any ideas on when this will be updated for this year's cycle?

7286 karma

@NickIllini we're working on it, but only a few schools have released their applications so far.

• temoore90temoore90 Alum Member
    7 karma

@"David.Busis" A random admissions question: I am a US citizen but have my undergraduate degree from a well-known UK university. I also have a graduate degree from a US institution. Will I be evaluated as an international or domestic applicant? Thanks in advance!