Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Started studying Logic Games A Week Before Test (September). Forgive me LSAT Gods.

renatozapatagarciarenatozapatagarcia Alum Member
in General 41 karma

Even with about six or seven correct in logic games, I'm still around a 158. I am cramming like never before and reading every rule, doing every game from the pretests, watching explanation videos and fool proofing. As far as I'm concerned, my Logical Reasoning and Reading Comprehension strategies are to the point where I feel great (-3 to -6) but Logic Games cramming will hopefully get me that 160+. My diagramming is usually right, I am just working on inferences and possible worlds strategies that will hopefully help answer questions quicker and more effectively. 7Sage, you have been the absolute best. Not all force users study with 7Sage but...... Good luck to all taking the test as well!

Comments

• tekken1225tekken1225 Alum Member
    770 karma

Just curious, so did you just decide to abandon LG altogether while studying for the test, and instead just focused on maximizing LR and RC as much as possible?
    How long have you been studying altogether?

• renatozapatagarciarenatozapatagarcia Alum Member
    edited September 2018 41 karma

I started my LSAT journey and studies 3 months ago by basically having fun with the games, getting everything wrong save one or two questions and then watching 7sage solve them on Youtube before I decided to get an account after about a week of that. From there, I really focused entirely on LR as I felt I wasn't grasping the basic foundation of an argument and being able to spot premises/conclusion/etc. Overall, I actually think having maximized my time with LR has made it much easier for me to grasp LG and RC for me was just about learning to read with a different purpose vs. what a normal reading comprehension test would measure. I originally made the mistake & started with a Kaplan prepbook and read that cover to cover which took me about a month and half but I wouldn't recommend to my worst enemy! (Sorry Kaplan but you did me dirty).

41 karma

Just to be clear, I really do regret having done this approach but my fault in my over-confidence prevented me from backing out... I will update all fellow 7sagers on September 29th!

• eRetakereRetaker Free Trial Member
    2038 karma

Yeah...your first mistake was buying the Kaplan book but your second was reading it.

41 karma

I could not have said it better myself.

• ChaimtheGreatChaimtheGreat Alum Member 🍌🍌
    1277 karma

I am really interested as a case study how this turns out.

• tams2018tams2018 Member
    727 karma

Your post title could cause many a heart attack on this forum.

• cqas190517cqas190517 Alum Member 🍌
    535 karma

Same, OP. I focused on LR, because my RC has always been really high (-1/2), and I needed more work on LR. I started around the same time you did as well, and started 7Sage CC in early August. I got my first LG 100% correct a few minutes ago, under time. Just wanted to let you know you're not alone, and if you're taking the test at SDSU on Saturday hit me up when we get there!