Hardest LG - PT 65 - Section 2 - Game 4

BamboosproutBamboosprout Alum Member
in Logic Games 1694 karma

Doing this question makes me feel like I'm being abused. It's like the LSAT writers are getting some sick pleasure out of tricking me into choosing the wrong answer choices. Or it could all be in my head.
Does anyone know if there are other questions like this, which trips you up with the wording, switching from hour and half hour to sequence of being shown? I would like to see some more of them if possible.

https://7sage.com/lsat_explanations/lsat-65-section-2-game-4/

Comments

• JK_fish92JK_fish92 Alum Member
    175 karma

The dinosaur game on PT 57 is the hardest one I have done... not so much because of the wording of questions, it was just really tough for me until my 3rd try at it.
    This game is a tough one for sure but is manageable. I drew out 3 game boards, one with G (the hour long piece) at 1, at 2, and at 3 and for each one of those a sub game board split with T in the 1/2 hour spots. The key inference on this game is figuring out when the
    (W-T)---> WT rule is able to kick . The hour/half hour spots are crucial to establish in this game so splitting your game boards accordingly makes the questions much more manageable.

• Pride Only HurtsPride Only Hurts Alum Member
    2186 karma

Lol I thought that time slot game went so smoothly during the test, until I realized assumed the 1hr program was just split into two "programs". Sure enough the set up makes all the difference. Most of the answers are easily answered if you split the game board properly.

@JK_fish92 said:
    The dinosaur game on PT 57 is the hardest one I have done...

I've probably done the dinosaur game at least 5 times. Still hate it, still takes me forever.

• eRetakereRetaker Free Trial Member
    2038 karma

I think that game is pretty smooth once you split into 5 game game boards with the GG hour block split into 3 boards first.

The dinosaur game is definitely harder but in my opinion the CD game from preptest 31 is the hardest of all time.

• BamboosproutBamboosprout Alum Member
    1694 karma

@"Pride Only Hurts" said:
    Lol I thought that time slot game went so smoothly during the test, until I realized assumed the 1hr program was just split into two "programs". Sure enough the set up makes all the difference. Most of the answers are easily answered if you split the game board properly.

@JK_fish92 said:
    The dinosaur game on PT 57 is the hardest one I have done...

I've probably done the dinosaur game at least 5 times. Still hate it, still takes me forever.

Yeah. Split it into 6 boards the second time though, and it became easy, but first time was dreadful.

• Regis_Phalange63Regis_Phalange63 Alum Member
    1058 karma

I've been doing 30 logic games a day as part of my intensive daily LG bootcamp for the past week. I want to share two of the worst logic games ever IMO.

1. The female/male lizard/snake cage game in the mid 20s. I am so stressed just thinking about it. And it's disgusting. I hate reptiles. Period. Are there any similar games to this one?

2. The infamous Music CD in/out game aka the game Elle Woods was being tutored on. It's so time consuming and confusing because of so many rules but still far better than the reptile crap.

Honestly, I think the dinosaur game is nothing compared to these two... :(

• tekken1225tekken1225 Alum Member
    770 karma

@dkny2013 said:

1. The infamous Music CD in/out game aka the game Elle Woods was being tutored on. It's so time consuming and confusing because of so many rules but still far better than the reptile crap.

Oh damn, were they seriously using this game in that tutoring clip in that movie? Lol

1694 karma

@dkny2013 said:
    I've been doing 30 logic games a day as part of my intensive daily LG bootcamp for the past week. I want to share two of the worst logic games ever IMO.

1. The female/male lizard/snake cage game in the mid 20s. I am so stressed just thinking about it. And it's disgusting. I hate reptiles. Period. Are there any similar games to this one?

2. The infamous Music CD in/out game aka the game Elle Woods was being tutored on. It's so time consuming and confusing because of so many rules but still far better than the reptile crap.

Honestly, I think the dinosaur game is nothing compared to these two... :(

Yo! Thanks for sharing them. Good choices, I actually just did those two the day before I made this post. Those were super hard, but... at least they weren't tricky, you know? The difficulty was in the logic, not in the wording, right. For me, it always feels worse when I get questions wrong because of being tripped up with words, than when I get them wrong because of faulty logic. Interesting reference, btw. I wonder how the licensing proposal for that question went. Good luck with your intensive! Remember to go back to them after some time though. Don't forget about fool-proofing!

edited September 2018 1058 karma

@tekken1225 said:

@dkny2013 said:

1. The infamous Music CD in/out game aka the game Elle Woods was being tutored on. It's so time consuming and confusing because of so many rules but still far better than the reptile crap.

Oh damn, were they seriously using this game in that tutoring clip in that movie? Lol

The tutor reads aloud answer choices word for word in Question 10,a MBF question. It's hilarious.

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    1777 karma

@dkny2013 that's so funny! I really hate that CD question. Also, that lizard/snake one was crazy! I think I did it 20 times before moving onto the next question. And how tf did she go from a 143 PT (I wonder what her diagnostic was lol) to a 179? I seriously need her tutor.

edited September 2018 1694 karma

@dkny2013 said:

@tekken1225 said:

@dkny2013 said:

Lol, that's hilarious. I can't imagine studying LSAT like that. Having someone reading the answer choices out loud and expecting me to be able to follow it... I wouldn't be able to focus for a single minute. Holy cow, she gets a 179? Those admissions officers sure were being generous in their interpretations of her application. Hahahaha

1058 karma

@samantha.ashley92 @Bamboosprout
    I'm such a sad individual for noticing:
    a) The PT on which Elle gets a 143 has a RC as its first section. (I wonder which PT it was...)
    b) She did not use a scantron, which means she didn't really abide by the 35 min/section rule. Awful habit.

1694 karma

@dkny2013 said:
    @samantha.ashley92 @Bamboosprout
    I'm such a sad individual for noticing:
    a) The PT on which Elle gets a 143 has a RC as its first section. (I wonder which PT it was...)
    b) She did not use a scantron, which means she didn't really abide by the 35 min/section rule. Awful habit.

Are there very few PTs with RC as it's first section? I never even think about this. Hahaha
    Yeah, not using a scantron is small no-no!