Bubble Trouble - Should I cancel?

edited September 2018 in General 200 karma

Hey all,

So, during Saturday's sitting of the LSAT, I had one of those nightmare moments: with 90 seconds remaining in RC, I realized that I had misbubbled an entire passage. I had skipped the last question of the first passage and forgotten to note it. Then, when I began answering questions for passage 2, all of my answers were one off. Luckily, I opted to skip passage 3 and move straight to passage 4, so that managed to minimize the damage. When I came back to passage 3, I noticed something was off. I am fairly sure that my passage 3 answers are in the correct spot.

On the one hand, I feel quite fortunate to have noticed. I don't know how I did it, but I managed to change my answers, moving them all down one, riiiiiiight before time was called. On the other hand, because of how rushed I was, I'm not 100% sure I actually fixed everything. I'd say there's a 75% chance that I fixed it and a 25% chance it's still incorrect somehow, as due to the adrenaline, my memory of my thought process is a bit hazy.

When I started the next section, I was quite shaken but, thanks to lots of preparation, I was able to calm down and I feel like I did pretty well on the rest of the test.

I'm leaning towards keeping my score but I wanted to get some feedback from those more knowledgable than me in the 7sage community.

So, should I roll the dice and keep my score? I'm guessing I scored in high 160s/low 170s if things went my way and, if they didn't probably, I'm probably somewhere in the mid-to-low 160s still.

Heep my score?
  1. Should I keep my score?7 votes
    1. Yes
      100.00%
    2. No
        0.00%

Comments

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

I say keep the score. Sounds like damage was limited. Best case scenario, you hit your goal. Worst case, it's slightly lower but not awful and you can retake. If it was a whole section and you only got halfway through fixing it... I'd say cancel. That's a big blow. You might have missed 3 more questions that you shouldn't have. Or, you might not have missed them at all. I say take the score.