Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Post Lsat Reflection

sic parvis magnasic parvis magna Alum Member
in General 170 karma

How strange is it to go back to a life free from the confines of law passages and grouping games.

This morning when I got up, I made myself a cup of coffee and immediately went to sit down at my desk with a HB2 pencil in hand before eerily realizing I had no material to prep.

What is the meaning of life now?

How does one go from obsessively drilling parallel flaw questions one day to just binge-watching 4 hours of parks and rec the next?

Are drake and kanye really cool again? Has ye really forgotten about those kim remarks?

At the gym today, a fellow broski used the phrase ‘but not otherwise’ in conversation with me. I immediately went into a trance and spent the next 30 seconds trying to figure out which of the 4 available benches he could go on.

The mixture of concern, confusion and disgust on his face perfectly mirrored my outlook towards the now vacant LSAT-shaped hole in my heart.

Is soy really better than corn?

...Will I ever love?

My thoughts go out to my fellow 7Sagers suffering from post-LSAT blues.

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

"Is soy really better than corn" oh my gosh I'm cracking up. I'm definitely in the same boat (except I picked corn).

• ebalde1234ebalde1234 Member
    905 karma

Hahahahaha love it . Too funny

• cvaldez74cvaldez74 Member
    130 karma

it's like taking a really, really long road trip and driving interstate at 75mph+ the whole way until suddenly you have to exit and drive 45mph and your foot is like, "what the hell, man?"...it just feels weird.

• ad_coelumad_coelum Alum Member
    285 karma

Oh my, this made my morning! It's definitely a transition but feels so good. An "LSAT-shaped hole in your heart" LOL -- time to fill it with admissions stuff!

And yes, you will love...you will love your free time once again before starting law school.

• LSAT_WreckerLSAT_Wrecker Member
    4850 karma

I'm not quite there yet as I am furiously editing and revising my application essays and scheduling my last law school visit; however, I suspect I will feel a big gap when I hit my last submit button on 29 September.

My wife fully expects me to get back to cleaning the house, doing laundry, and having meals ready on time when this whole LSAT / law school application thing is done. My performance as a stay@home dad has been falling short lately.

• ChaimtheGreatChaimtheGreat Alum Member 🍌🍌
    1277 karma

Haha this made me laugh. It is true that there is a vacancy after the LSAT, but admissions quickly takes its place. As LSAT Wrecker said, I will likely feel some withdrawal issues when all my apps are in.