Preptest 73...ain't so special

K-MagnetK-Magnet Alum Member
edited November 2014 in General 283 karma
Finally took Preptest 73 today -- had been nervous about what would be the 'closest link' to the December LSAT,

But why was I expecting something enormously different from any other preptest? I was surprised to find that Preptest 73 is really like any other preptest....But you know what? I shouldn't have been surprised!

There truly are patterns inherent to the LSAT & Preptest 73 isn't particularly special, and there is no reason to think Preptest 74 (or the December LSAT) should be particularly special either.

Our weaknesses are laid out in similar ways on each test -- and we just need to keep tackling them.

Throughout preptest reviews, we may notice specific connections amongst questions' content in various tests (like the repeated discussion of the QWERTY keyboard). And Preptest 73 is no different -- Section 2, Q14 repeats the same idea of space exploration linked to unexpected technology benefits as Preptest 59, Section 3, Q18 while Section 4, Q3 repeats the same idea of sunblock vs. incidences of skin cancer repeated in other tests, including Preptest 62, Section 2, Q5.

The LG section is just as non-special as the other sections. And I had psych-ed myself out into thinking maybe a game was very unusual. I was wrong.

I'm not saying Preptest 73 wasn't difficult... every Preptest is difficult! But none of them is particularly special.

Things may *feel* different because we *expect* them to be different. But we should NOT psych ourselves out too much. Yes, there may be a few unusual bits in each preptest, but the December test should be seen for what it is: just another ol' preptest!

Comments