Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I don't need to see my score to know September didn't go well, but that's fine

Sam TylerSam Tyler Alum Member
edited September 2018 in General 454 karma

I have taken a few weeks to focus on admissions stuff, but the September LSAT didn't go well for me. I panicked on RC and the first LR, i have always had pretty severe test anxiety and it really hit me hard on test day. I did okay on the second LR and after the break i calmed down and the last two sections went fine. All in all I expect to be about ten points or more below a good practice test, which is obviously quite disappointing.

Overall though, its not a big deal. Writing in September was an important experience, and i'm looking forward to seeing my score so i can review and see what I can improve on. Pretty much thanks to reading and exploring these forums I have come to realize that writing more than once, although not ideal isn't a big deal either and what is important is showing long term improvement. I have been forcing myself to read an old economist front to back every day and the last few days i started prepping again, I did two timed RC sections and scored -3 on each, tied for best two scores on timed RC so far. I'm optimistic i can really do well in November, I feel way less anxiety and I will be more prepared. If anyone else bombed September just wanted to let people know there's other people out there in the same boat and looking forward to crushing November with whoever decides to write then! I remember after the test i found solace in reading other peoples horror stories and realizing i'm not alone in my bad test so i figured i would pay back now, right before scores are released. Goodluck!

Comments

• drbrown2drbrown2 Alum Member
    2227 karma

Love the optimism!!!

• keepcalmandneuronkeepcalmandneuron Alum Member
    470 karma

@"Sam Tyler" said:
    I have taken a few weeks to focus on admissions stuff, but the September LSAT didn't go well for me. I panicked on RC and the first LR, i have always had pretty severe test anxiety and it really hit me hard on test day. I did okay on the second LR and after the break i calmed down and the last two sections went fine. All in all I expect to be about ten points or more below a good practice test, which is obviously quite disappointing.

Overall though, its not a big deal. Writing in September was an important experience, and i'm looking forward to seeing my score so i can review and see what I can improve on. Pretty much thanks to reading and exploring these forums I have come to realize that writing more than once, although not ideal isn't a big deal either and what is important is showing long term improvement. I have been forcing myself to read an old economist front to back every day and the last few days i started prepping again, I did two timed RC sections and scored -3 on each, tied for best two scores on timed RC so far. I'm optimistic i can really do well in November, I feel way less anxiety and I will be more prepared. If anyone else bombed September just wanted to let people know there's other people out there in the same boat and looking forward to crushing November with whoever decides to write then! I remember after the test i found solace in reading other peoples horror stories and realizing i'm not alone in my bad test so i figured i would pay back now, right before scores are released. Goodluck!

Thanks for your uplifting post. I really needed to see this tonight before I go to bed.

I am trying to pick up where I left off since my first attempt like you on September 8th but can't seem to bring back my focus and motivation until (I presume) I know how I did and have some kind of closure.

A little over a month to go, plenty of time to prepare to slay the dragon!

• Adam HawksAdam Hawks Alum Member
    990 karma

This is probably the best thread I've ever seen on post-test relief. It's ok that things didn't go well, I'll change a few things and kill it the next time. You're on the right path dude and I love your attitude.

Please sticky this!

• ChaimtheGreatChaimtheGreat Alum Member 🍌🍌
    1277 karma

You got this SamTyler. I did much better on my retake, I am sure with that attitude you will too!

• BamboosproutBamboosprout Alum Member
    1694 karma

We're all in it together, mate. Let's all review that test together <3

• nikalettenikalette Alum Member
    18 karma

WE ALL GOT THIS <3

• Llama WhispererLlama Whisperer Alum Member
    138 karma

Wow I had to triple check that I didn't write this. I felt the EXACT same way. For some reason i ws stuck in RC. Couldn't get out of the horrible headspace after choking on RC, and semi chocked on the first LR. got it back together by the second RC section which of course was experimental, and was back to normal in the last 2 graded sections. But by then the damage was done

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

No worries. I did poorly in June. I think I was just so wound up and burned out, and then... flop. I'm signed up for November, but school has been running me absolutely ragged this semester. At this point, November will be an experiment for me: will not being so wound up and burned out on prep actually be more helpful? We'll find out. And if not, no biggie. I'll put off testing until at least next summer.
    This is not a race. Testing a couple times will not hurt you. Keep at it :)