Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

November or January LSAT date?

larissa-xolarissa-xo Alum Member
edited September 2018 in General 70 karma

Hello.

I have just received my scores from the September LSAT and received a 154. I was hoping for a 160, or even a 158-159. I wish to apply to Canadian Law Schools (as I am Canadian woop) and the general average LSAT score they accept is 160. My PT scores have been fluctuating between mid 150s to low 160s. Most of them being high 150s.

So, I definitely want to re-take the LSAT. I am currently unsure if I should register in November or January and see pros and cons to both.

Currently I am a 4th year student in my undergraduate degree. So during November I would be knees deep in midterm season. I feel I would maybe have less time to study, and given the already sort of tight constraints, perhaps I would not be able to pull my score to where I want it to be in time? Meanwhile taking the LSAT in January would allow me more time to study for sure, especially with Winter break and only just starting new classes.

On the flip side though, I know the law schools in Canada have a sort of rolling admission policy. So, writing later could put me at a disadvantage in that regard?

So, I am just wondering which LSAT date do you think it's best for me to write? Is it realistic to expect improvement for the November one, or should I go with January?

LSAT Date Poll
  1. When do you think is the best time for me to write the LSAT?5 votes
    1. November 2018
      40.00%
    2. January 2019
      60.00%