Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Letters of Recommendation Question

Huimin YHuimin Y Live Member
in General 55 karma

Hello!
I will be graduating next semester in spring 2019, but I plan to take a year off to really focus on LSAT while working a part time job. Is it okay if I ask professors to write me recommendations for the cycle of 2020? (I will be asking in spring semester 2019 before I graduate)
I am really nervous about this because I do not know who else to ask for recommendation letters when I do apply.

Comments

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    edited October 2018 2531 karma

Yes, this is fine. As long as you let them know that you won't be applying until next year it is okay. Remind them that they will need to submit the summer before you apply, send them the email link a few months before you plan on sending out apps and be sure to answer all of their questions. If you have any other questions about LOR's or application timing feel free to pm me :)

• TrinkSchokoTrinkSchoko Free Trial Member
    69 karma

FYI, I'm applying this year and actually asked for my rec letters and got them early February. Pretty sure I'm allowed to submit these for my application even though they are technically "last circle".

• Kermit750Kermit750 Alum Member
    2124 karma

@TrinkSchoko Yep you're good

• Huimin YHuimin Y Live Member
    55 karma