Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Am I supposed to enter my LSAC GPA or real GPA?

Hi everyone,

I apologize I have been submitting a lot of questions regarding admissions. Am I supposed to enter my LSAC GPA or my real GPA in the applications? Or does LSAC submit that in the transcripts?

Comments

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    edited October 2018 9372 karma

@"I wanna sleep" said:
    Hi everyone,

I apologize I have been submitting a lot of questions regarding admissions. Am I supposed to enter my LSAC GPA or my real GPA in the applications? Or does LSAC submit that in the transcripts?

Your LSAC GPA will be in your CAS file so you don't need to enter it by yourself.

Good luck!

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Yes, LSAC transmits your info including your GPA to the schools. I don't believe anyone asks for it separately. But that said, if you are ever asked your GPA, or send it separately to a school for any reason (like while requesting a fee waiver), for all law school purposes, your LSAC GPA is your real GPA. You always need to use the LSAC calculated GPA.

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

@"Leah M B"

Yes, LSAC transmits your info including your GPA to the schools. I don't believe anyone asks for it separately. But that said, if you are ever asked your GPA, or send it separately to a school for any reason (like while requesting a fee waiver), for all law school purposes, your LSAC GPA is your real GPA. You always need to use the LSAC calculated GPA.

Some schools ask you to enter each educational institute you've attended along with your GPA. In this case I think it's appropriate to enter the GPA you earned at that institution, not your LSAC GPA.

• carlos.raiz23carlos.raiz23 Alum Member
    195 karma

Is the LSAC/CAS GPA the degree (summary) GPA or the cumulative GPA at the end of the Academic Summary Report?

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

@"carlos.raiz23" It's the cumulative GPA.

@NotMyName Good point, that's fair. Just wanted to note if you send a law school, "Hi my name is ____ and my GPA is _____" you need to be using the LSAC one. If your individual school GPA is higher than your LSAC one, they could see that as deceptive if you use it. I saw some nightmare story a while back of a student doing that in good faith and the school reported them to LSAC for being dishonest. Yiiiiikes.

• carlos.raiz23carlos.raiz23 Alum Member
    195 karma

Gracias!