After work on week days -- Entire PT or timed sections ?

john1234-1john1234-1 Alum Member
edited October 2018 in General 426 karma

In the PT phase of my prep. I take a PT on the weekends. Then BR and watch videos. I have been taking an additional PT during the week (usually a mid-week evening) but I am finding I am drained after work.

I am curious what others have found to be most effective in their experience. During the week, do you take a full PT after work? Or do timed sections of new (or old?) PTs? (either followed by rigorous BR of course)

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

I've done PTs after work before and I don't think it's beneficial. I'm too tired and drained from work, and it's not accurate for testing conditions anyway because all of the tests are in the morning or early afternoon. I think that one PT per week is enough. I take one on Saturdays or Sundays, review, and then spend the rest of the week drilling and foolproofing. For me, doing PTs when I'm already drained is more likely to turn up a lower score than my average, which is demoralizing for no reason.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

I don't think PTs during the week are a great move. Maybe some can do it, and it might depend on your job. But I am too brain tired to do one after work. I did PTs on Saturdays and then BR on Sunday-Monday. During the week, I focused on drills, reviewing the cc, and timed sections.