Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question Regarding the Blind Review Method

jrkovalsjrkovals Alum Member
edited August 2013 in General 183 karma
To clarify regarding the Blind Review Method. As you take a timed section/test, what have you, you're going through picking the right answers and eliminating the wrong ones. Sometimes you cant cross out a an answer 100% (or near) during the timed conditions. BR stipulates that ONLY after you're done time-testing MUST you go back through and find concrete reasons (100%) for the wrong and the right answer choices, correct? After doing such, if you are able to come up with 100% certainty for correct and incorrect answer choices, and you end up getting the question right, you do not need to watch the video, right? When i'm going through a test or section i naturally cross off wrong answers; however, on the ones i do not get to do this (or near) due to timed conditions (the ones where i pick best answer and move on) - if i can after, on the BR, find reasons for the correct and incorrect answer choices then i should feel "good" for that question, correct? Essentially, it is not about being able to mark off w/ near 100% during the timed condition, just on BR, right? I love the BR. I feel it has contributed GREATLY to my improvement. However, I don't want to waste time watching explanations if I really am probably alright with being able to eliminate w/ "100%" under BR even though not always under timed conditions. It might be more prudent to progress. Thanks for any clarification

Jake

Comments

• paulfan2011paulfan2011 Free Trial Member
    125 karma
    Yea, that's right, you simply do not have time on the real test to be 100% with your answer. Sometimes, you don't even have to read all the answer choices if you are confident of the one you picked, though doing that greatly increases your risk of falling into the cleverly designed traps. So I would only recommend doing that on certain types of questions, such as sufficient or necessary assumption questions, Must be Trues, and any questions involving formal logic.