PT40.S2.G3 - Each nonstop flight offered by Zephyr

brigittebrigitte Free Trial Member
edited November 2018 in Logic Games 432 karma

In the video explanation for PT40, Game 3, why did JY set up the circle of cities out of order? We got the cities in the order of HMPTV, and yet when putting up the cities, he wrote them in the order of H M P V T starting with H at the top and going clockwise (notice that he switched the T and the V). Does anyone know why he did this? He didn't seem to explain that at the beginning of the video when he writes down the cities in that circle.

I suspect it was because with the way he wanted to note that H and T couldn't be connected and H and M couldn't be connected, his order allowed him to keep crossed out lines for the M H T at the top of the circle - which wouldn't interfere with drawing connections between the other cities. But if we did the cities in the order given, then in order to cross out the connection between H and T, that would visually interfere with making connections between some of the other cities, like between M and P, for example, since you'd have to draw a connection between M and P while that connection visually intersects with a crossed out connection between H and T. If that's the case, I understand visually why it makes sense, but I don't see how anyone would ever think to write the cities in that order unless they already knew the precise rules and inferences that were about to come up!

Admin note: edited title

Comments