Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Disciplinary Record Disclosures

knisskat94knisskat94 Alum Member
edited November 2018 in Law School Admissions 43 karma

I'm unsure if I should disclose a certain incident in the character and fitness sections of my applications. One school's application asks, "Has any school, college, or university ever issued you a disciplinary or scholastic warning/probation?". I worked as a Resident Assistant for 3 years in undergrad, and at one point I was put on disciplinary probation by my job for a year. It was an alcohol-related violation. I was 21, but I was in a room with others who were underage and some were drinking. I personally didn't break any rules in the school's disciplinary code, but it was a violation for my job, as an employee of the college. I don't think it's listed in my academic record, probably just in my job file, but I may ask the registrar to be sure. Thoughts on whether or not I need to disclose this?

Comments

• LSAT_WreckerLSAT_Wrecker Member
    4850 karma

To me, this sounds like a "yes" and therefore you should disclose. However, I am a firm believer in the "when in doubt, call the admissions office" school of thought.

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

Yeah. That would be a yes, I think. Never hurts to ask, tho!