How improve RC "most strongly suggest" Q's where right AC suppted by only 1 subtle line/word?

youbbyunyoubbyun Alum Member
edited November 2018 in Reading Comprehension 1755 karma

Hey all

So I've noticed that for many "This passage most strongly suggests XYZ..."

there often right AC's that are only subtly supported by 1 minor line reference. Sometimes it's just one WORD/ADJECTIVE that provides the support for the right AC. Often, these are minor details that I just forget too.

And if you miss that 1 minor line reference/word, you get it wrong.

And there are also like 4 really attractive answer choices.

Any advice on how to get these questions right? I find myself missing them very often.

It's also really tough to do these questions under timed conditions because you're like trying to scan/read the entire passage all over again as you dive into the AC's, trying to find that ONE word/line reference to support your right AC, as well as trying to find reasons to eliminate wrong AC's.

Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated. Thank you !

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27890 karma

Not sure I have advice on how to get these right necessarily, but I definitely have advice on how to handle these questions better: be comfortable with missing them. The much more serious error here is not in missing the question but in over-investing your time. The LSAT writers just got you two ways. They got you on that question, and they got you at the end where you're no longer going to have time for a good fourth passage. Take your best shot at these and move on. Feel good knowing that if they got you, they only got you once.