Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I take a final practice test this Saturday before the LSAT next Saturday?

Mia FairweatherMia Fairweather Alum Member
in General 221 karma

Really debating about this took tomorrow off from work to get some extra study time in and planned to do my final PT tomorrow but I had a terrible day at work and got into a argument with a loved one. I really need to hit reset tonight but haven't completed the necessary tasks to be ready for tomorrow. Should I spend tomorrow drilling and doing timed section and just do my last PT Saturday? Last time I did that the week before the test it left me feeling very much like I didn't have enough time reviewing my PT to hit those last minute needs. Hope this makes sense today was a tough day and have been super off since this morning...

Comments

• LSAT_WreckerLSAT_Wrecker Member
    4850 karma

One more PT is probably not going to substantially change the outcome of your studies. One thing almost guaranteed to impact your test day is your mental well-being and confidence. Do whatever it takes to ensure you show up to your test mentally on point, rested, and fresh.

FWIW, I took both the July and September test. Prior to the September test, I took my last PT a full two weeks before test day. I spent the last two weeks letting my mind rest and recovery for hard studying. I posted a noticeable increase in my September test over the score from July. I think being mentally fresh is what made the difference.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

If you feel like you won't have enough time or energy to properly review it, I wouldn't do a full PT. Maybe you could do it in sections w/ review right after? The important thing I've found is just doing the tests, not whether or not you do them in one full shot.

Truth is, you probably won't see any crazy improvement in the last week so I wouldn't worry about it too much. You've been putting in the work and now it's time to see the results!

Best of luck on your Nov test :)