Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Queens Testing Centers: CUNY Law vs Queens College vs St John's

I just took the LSAT at CUNY Law. It was...ok. Comfortable chairs and tables, but a lot of construction outside. A siren went off in the construction site next door about every 5-10 minutes. Also, the elevated 7 train is right there, so you hear that too. And, it's right in the middle of a heavy foot traffic zone so you can hear people talking outside, dogs barking, etc. It would be better if the rooms were soundproof, like they are at Fordham Law, where I took the July test and didn't hear a live concert that was right outside the door at Lincoln Center. I would do Fordham again, but they're not offered as a testing center in January. Has anybody ever taken it at Queens College? If so, how was it? I obviously wouldn't give a full recommendation for CUNY Law (even though it has rave reviews on various sites, but perhaps this was old when Long Island City wasn't one big construction site). Thanks for any feedback! (PS, I also took it at Wagner College at Staten Island and could give feedback on that).

Comments

• cece1805cece1805 Alum Member
    14 karma

I took it at Queens yesterday and I think it’s a super quiet place. You might have to share a giant table with another test taker though, and their movement might be a little distracting. But you could not hear a single noise from the outside. It’s pretty nice, I might take it again here.

• Did I StutterDid I Stutter Member
    384 karma

I took it at Queens a couple of years ago. You get plenty of desk space amongst yourself and other sharing your table. it is extremely quiet though. I found the person next to me highlighting was very distracting.

• LouislepauvreLouislepauvre Alum Member
    750 karma

After taking it at Queens College I think it's the best testing center in NYC (Fordham is great too). Vastly superior to CUNY Law (which is loud as hell, between the 7 train and the construction). Super quiet, in a very welcoming building (It's the Student Union and has LGBT and Trans flags in the window--just gives it a very open, warm vibe. I felt super comfortable there, and parking is so so so easy. Tons of parking on Melbourne Street.

• PeaceofmindPeaceofmind Alum Member
    446 karma

I took in Queens College, too! It’s the best test center I’ve ever had and the proctor was great too.