New Job - Update Resume on Submitted Apps?

jnw7tpjnw7tp Alum Member

I will likely be starting a new job (same industry, new company) within the next few weeks. I've already submitted my law school applications, but I'm wondering if I need to send an updated resume to the schools listing my new job? The resume was current and correct when I submitted it, but will be outdated by the January/February time when decisions are being made. I plan to call my top schools to hear their individual preferences, but I was just wondering if anyone had faced a similar situation. Thanks!

Comments

• SLP_futureJDSLP_futureJD Alum Member
    464 karma

I have not faced a similar situation, but I have read in the "Certifying Statement" that they say you should update the school if anything changes for you professionally. I'm sure you could email an updated résumé to each school or upload a new doc straight to your application portal for each school if that's an option.

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

@SLP_futureJD said:
    I have not faced a similar situation, but I have read in the "Certifying Statement" that they say you should update the school if anything changes for you professionally. I'm sure you could email an updated résumé to each school or upload a new doc straight to your application portal for each school if that's an option.

I agree.

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Agreeing with above and put it in the email message and subject line and keep it short. Congratulations on the new job!

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    3652 karma

Yeah just email admissions got a new job please see attached for updated resume