Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have circular games (like Game 4 in PT 41) shown up on recent tests?

Gunningfor121Gunningfor121 Alum Member
in General 517 karma

JY said it wasn't a relevant game, but the video was made years ago. Curious to see if anything has changed.

Comments

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

There was a circular game on the undisclosed July test this year BUT that PT was recycled from a previous Shabbat undisclosed test a few years ago.

• Gunningfor121Gunningfor121 Alum Member
    edited November 2018 517 karma

@NotMyName Sorry, what do you mean by undisclosed? Are you saying that it likely won't show up again?

5320 karma

I shouldn't have called it a PT since it was an actual exam.

When an exam is disclosed, it's released to the public for our use (practice). But sometimes an exam is not released (undisclosed) and test takers receive only their score without a copy of the test. All the PTs we have to practice with are disclosed.

So I can't share the circle game from July with you because it was an undisclosed test and it's not public.

• Gunningfor121Gunningfor121 Alum Member
    517 karma

@NotMyName Ok, got it! I'll be sure to review the circle games then

5320 karma

@Gunningfor121 I don't think they warrant TOO much attention. They are still extremely rare and once you learn that you can draw it as a single layer sequencing, they become much simpler.

• Sam TylerSam Tyler Alum Member
    edited November 2018 454 karma

There have definitely been circle games recently, but they have not been described as circle games. For example, they will explain them as a 5 lap relay race, where the first runner will run both the first and last lap. Anytime you have a sequencing game where the first and last member of the sequence is the same person, you have something quite similar to a circle game (not exactly the same)

this way of describing the game is easier for two reasons. mainly, it assists students by signaling how they should draw the diagram. Rules wise, it makes it so if you had a rule that was like "X must be more than two away from Y" you dont need to worry about repeating. but besides this they are exactly the same.

When you expand your definition of a circle game to include any sequencing game where the first and last piece are always the same, we definitely have seen something very similar to this on recent lsat administrations. being able to conceptualize this framework is definitely worth review because you never know what they will throw at you! Mastering logic games is really about being adaptable so exposing yourself to games like this are a great way to improve.

• keepcalmandneuronkeepcalmandneuron Alum Member
    470 karma

Hello lovelies,

Would anyone like to share which games from previous PT's that contain circular / lap games? I would like to solidify my understanding on this concept! Hope someone can share! thanks :)

• mjmonte17mjmonte17 Alum Member
    757 karma

@keepcalmandneuron
    These are the only games I can remember:
    PT1,G1 - Circular
    PT41,G4 - Circular
    PT18,G3 - Circular
    PT37,G4 - Lap