Application Review with Selene Steelman—Limited Offer

David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
edited December 2018 in Law School Admissions 7286 karma

Hi everyone,

This month only, 7Sage Consultant Selene Steelman is offering a new service called Application Review.

What is Application Review?
Our goal is to tell you what an admissions officer might think after reading your file. Selene will review your application (a PDF preview) along with other materials that an admissions committee will see (LSAT history, academic summary, etc.). She’ll give you feedback in a conversation via the phone or Skype and send you notes after the call.

Who is Selene?
Selene worked in law school admissions for fourteen years before coming to 7Sage. You can read more about her (and all of us) here: 7sage.com/admissions/about-us

What’s the difference between Admissions Consulting and Application Review?
Admissions Consulting comes with unlimited help on all aspects of your application, including strategy, editorial guidance on every essay, and after-app follow-up (for interviews, letters of continuing interest, etc.). Application Review is, well, a review of a single application. It’s evaluative (“Is this good?”) rather than editorial (“How can this be better?”).

The difference between Admissions Consulting and Application Review is like the difference between (1) going to your college’s writing center and (2) turning your paper into the teacher. Imagine, though, that you could turn your paper into someone else’s whip-smart teacher and process her feedback before you turned it into your actual teacher for a grade: that’s Application Review.

How much does it cost?
$499.

How many Application Review packages are there?
Five.

What do I need to do before I use this service?
You need to write all of your essays, fill out an application via LSAC, and upload all of your attachments. You should be ready to hit “submit” before you buy this.

If you’ve already applied, we can give you a post-mortem.

Who should NOT use this service?
Don’t purchase this if you want to apply right now. Selene may advise you to revise or rewrite large portions of your application.

When she was working in admissions, she was known as a hard-a$$. Just saying.

How do I purchase?
Email editors@7sage.com with the subject line “Application Review” for a reservation. We’ll give you a start date. If that date works for you, you can hold the spot by purchasing the service through a link that we’ll pass along.

Comments

• john1234-1john1234-1 Alum Member
    426 karma

This is a great idea!

• LSAT_WreckerLSAT_Wrecker Member
    4850 karma

Speaking as someone who used the 7Sage Admissions service for something similar to this via a la carte pricing, I cannot recommend this enough. I was very pleased with the feedback received.

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma

Y'all just keep giving and giving.