Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Really ill and LSAT is in 2 days!

rasmi.hassanrasmi.hassan Alum Member
edited December 2014 in General 14 karma
Hey everyone,

I hope you are all relaxing before the test and not exhausting yourselves! I am unfortunately posting this message because I woke up today feeling very very ill. I have a fever, soar throat, and my whole body is in pain. Even coughing causes pain.

If I remain at least as ill, my cognitive performance will be significantly impaired. Not to mention, I may very well get other people sick.

I already took the test once in June and I did not reach the score I needed, so I definitely don't want to attempt to retake the test without being in maximum mental and physical shape; doing the contrary will show no significant improvement. So, my question is, how much am I negatively affecting my chances of admission by taking the LSAT in February? I have read a lot about this topic, and almost everyone's opinion is that I am cutting my chances by a high margin.

Please let me know what you think, any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you very much!

Comments

• Alexandra3-2Alexandra3-2 Free Trial Member
    74 karma
    Honestly, if you don't feel your best, postpone until June. I had to make this decision. I was aiming for February 2015, but I knew I wasn't ready, so I've postponed until June 2015. I think it'll be the best decision for you :)
  • JackieJackieJackieJackie Free Trial Member
    8 karma
    I have heard rumors from other people that toke the LSAT exam that if a person is sick, coughing and looks very sick that the administrator will not allow them to continue with the exam. Due to the person being a distraction to others. Do you think that would happen in your case? If that rumor is even true. Does anyone know how true that rumor holds up?
  • elruffoloelruffolo Alum Member
    15 karma
    My friend took the Feb LSAT, scored in the 160s and got into every school she applied to. I think you should rest up and take the Feb exam. I don't it will have as negative effect as rumors say it will. Just do well.
  • turnercmturnercm Alum Member 🍌
    770 karma
    Rest up because you want to be your absolute best please don't test sick!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Free Trial
    578 karma
    Take the February don't let others scare you about the February test. Kill it and the schools will do their best to admit you
  • rasmi.hassanrasmi.hassan Alum Member
    14 karma
    Thanks for your encouragement everyone. I'm feeling a bit better today. I'm really worried about taking the lsat while on antibiotics, lacking sleep, and recovering from 39.5 temperature. I still have until 11:59 PM tonight to decide. But I must admit I am being scared by some close ones about taking it in Feb... Your comments are really helping me look at this from a different perspective :)
  • sabinatorsabinator Alum Member
    3 karma
    Rasmi–I am having to make the same decision as you are right now and I think it's best to not make this decision out of fear. Remember it's not a race! You want to walk into that test room with 100% confidence that you will be operating on the outer reaches of what you are capable of and be able to leave it all out on the field, not think afterward about how "if only I wasn't recovering from that fever, I probably could have snagged another few points."

"In every moment we make a decision -- whether conscious or unconscious. Will I choose to open my heart, send love, withhold judgment and thus free myself from fear? Or will I close my heart, project fear instead of extending love, judge others, and thus bind myself to fear? The choice is mine and mine alone."
    –Marianne Williamson
  • Vriver01Vriver01 Alum Member
    edited December 2014 60 karma
    True. I'm in the same boat. Thinking about Whether to postpone the test until February because I have a nasty cold. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.