Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The ultimate test day question

iryankees13iryankees13 Free Trial Member
edited December 2014 in General 36 karma
Music or something like NPR while driving in. What do you guys think? Enjoying to some music or something more to listen and comprehend on the way in. What will you guys be doing?

Comments

• James RayJames Ray Alum Member
    186 karma
    Anything that will keep you relaxed.
  • tsamvelyantsamvelyan Alum Member
    431 karma
    I know what I won't be doing...I won't be drinking gallons of water from freaking out like I did during the September LSAT...
  • _FIDELIO__FIDELIO_ Alum Member
    edited December 2014 98 karma
    what i plan on doing is going back and taking the test at my undergrad institution and staying in a hotel the night or two before to get away from everything. i will have it all mapped out beforehand including taking a prepaid taxi from the hotel to the testing center so that there is no chance of getting into a road-rage (or now more commonly known roid) incident. i will know the exact room location and start-time days in advance. headphones are a must. plug them in and do not speak to anyone in the morning. keep your eyes straight ahead and your head tucked low. nothing should be on your mind. anytime a thought of doubt or some other crap or annoyance in your life comes up immediately try to clear it out. put your stuff in your locker, let them frisk you, go in, sit down and stare at the desk. do not speak and say nothing. you are now mentally "in the zone". take your test and freaking dominate.
  • turnercmturnercm Alum Member 🍌
    770 karma
    @_FIDELO_ where do you go that frisks students before taking the LSAT? D:

and please do not to bring earphones or cell phones into the testing center!

someone somewhere has a "pumped up" playlist so you could do that... I may listen to something soothing like classical music, or nothing at all.
  • GettingOutGettingOut Alum Member
    79 karma
    In my case, I think it would be the best idea to record my two babies crying onto my phone, pop that into my AUX in the car and listen to it as loud as I possibly can in route to the test center. So loud that my eyes begin to shake. That way...there's no way that I can hear anything more unsettling/obnoxious during the test. Although, it may be wise to think this one through before I make a decision.
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    ^^ hahaha that actually made me laugh. That's such a good idea hahaha. No sneezing, shuffling of papers, coughing, or the like could bug you then!!
    98 karma
    @GettingOut how do you plan on going to law school with two babies?
  • GettingOutGettingOut Alum Member
    edited December 2014 79 karma
    Who said anything about Law school!?! HA! With a great wife, military/(you) paying for the necessities and the grace of GOD!..or wrath. Hard work and distractions during school have nothing on multiple deployments into places where people want to kill you daily. It is all about perspective. All of my Infantry/military brethren (if any are actually here) like this if your with me.
  • turnercmturnercm Alum Member 🍌
    edited December 2014 770 karma
    ^i'm not military but i liked it because its great. thank you for your service!!!
  • SapphireSapphire Alum Member
    289 karma
    I'm not military either, but that's the truth! (Former military gf)
    @_FIDELO_ My mom went to law school with two kids and a husband. Me being one of those kids, and another child with her husband. Not to mention a full time job in the District Attorney's office as a paralegal. It took her four years to finish law school, but she did it. And I was right there with her when she graduated from law school as I was when she graduated from college. And my mom was a teen mom! No excuses.
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    ^ That's awesome! Good for her :):) If she can do it, we can do it!
    edited December 2014 98 karma
    @Sapphire. That takes a special person and is quite an accomplishment!
  • SapphireSapphire Alum Member
    289 karma
    @_FIDELO_ you just gotta strive for it. Look at the pros and cons. For me, I refuse to be stuck in the ghetto for the rest of my life and law school is my plan b. I gotta make it! And we will all pass this exam and when we do we shall all through a bonfire and say FUCK YOU to the LSAT writers! That's what I plan on doing.
  • tbishop1985tbishop1985 Alum Member
    9 karma
    i'll be cranking up some slayer, chugging energy drinks, and doing jumping jacks and probably some form of martial-arts derivative in the parking lot. which is great, because im testing at a school im applying to :)