Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need advice on whether to push my test date or not

carly.downscarly.downs Free Trial Member
edited December 2018 in January 2019 LSAT 22 karma

I am scheduled to write the January LSAT but am wondering if I should reschedule for March 30th. I wrote the November test and scored 157, my goal would be 160. I have been scoring between 157-162 for the last three months. I took a 3-week break after the test to finish final assignments and have been back at studying for the last two weeks. The problem is now that I leave for vacation for two weeks on Christmas Eve and when I get back will have less time to devote to studying with school and will only have three weeks until the test. Really not sure what to do. If I push it to March the test will be falling right at the end of my semester when things get super hectic.

Thoughts??

Should I keep/move my test date?
  1. Should I keep/move my test date?8 votes
    1. Keep January test date
      50.00%
    2. Reschedule for March
      50.00%

Comments

• sortastressedbutokaysortastressedbutokay Free Trial Member
    85 karma

If you are willing to push toward March, why not June or July?

• carly.downscarly.downs Free Trial Member
    22 karma

@sortastressedbutokay I read on the Kaplan blog that the June and July 2019 tests will be digital and I would rather test with paper since that is what I am used to studying with. If need be I would push to June or July but at that point I will have been studying for more than a year and I fear burnout.

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

Tons and tons of people on here (myself included) studied for more than a year. As long as you take care of yourself and take breaks when you need to, you should be able to combat burnout

• carly.downscarly.downs Free Trial Member
    22 karma

@MissChanandler Thank you this is good to know. I have been using Kaplan and the tutors there have continuously told me that a year or more is too long studying as you will reach a plateau with your progress, which has freaked me out.

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

Some people do experience plateaus, but they aren't permanent. I'm not saying that everyone can score a 180 or a 175 or even a 170, but if you're scoring a 160ish after only a couple of months, I have no doubt in my mind that you can get to high 160s and get into at least the lower T14

• sortastressedbutokaysortastressedbutokay Free Trial Member
    edited December 2018 85 karma

I think June is still paper. One thing to consider is that no matter what format you take in July, you can see your score before you cancel. I would also suggest trying a study aid other than Kaplan. Perhaps getting different thoughts on the LSAT will help you get to your goal. The Powerscore Bibles are a great place to start. They really helped me increase my score, even though I was only able to study for about a month.

I took the LSAT the week before my finals because a testing center error forced a two week delay to Dec 1, and I really wish I would have been able to take it at a time when I was not dealing with finals.