Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Planning to Retake! Frustrating but Need Advice and Encouragement

Prudenter DiscerePrudenter Discere Alum Member
edited December 2018 in General 234 karma

My LSAT journey is starting to feel long and it is still not over. I'm aiming for a 170 or higher. And I've been studying on and off the LSAT since July 2014. One day I will do an AMA with JY about this journey. I've done Powerscore course, I've self study, but it wasn't until I discovered 7sage last year after my first take in Dec 2017, a 153, that I upped my game. So I studied everyday, did the CC, Foolproof 1-35, took PT where I ranged from 156 - 172, but I was averaging PT of 163 by September and even scores a 172 in Sept so I signed up for November, got a little pressured by my study partner, who scored a 167 in September when we had originally thought to take it but I didn't feel ready, especially not for my goal of 170 or higher. I took November and got a 159. I was blown. I was expecting at least a 160, and I changed a little strategy, not that it matters, my letter of the day was C instead of my usual letter D, did the math, I would have had 163 if I chose D, but anyway. I took a 5 weeks off and I'm ready to get back to study. I need advice by Sage or anyone where to start. Timing is an issue for me, I usually get 84% correct of what I complete, but I usually leave about 7-10 questions to random guessing. I've got grit, and I know I'm going to get this +170, just need some advice and encouragement before I continue the journey.