Decided not to take January LSAT - write to schools?

egrivera2egrivera2 Alum Member

Hi everyone. I would appreciate some advice. I am signed up to take the January 2019 LSAT. I thought, why not, might as well try one last time to get a higher score. However, in between work and submitting my applications (which took WAY longer than I ever imagined), I have not had time to study and do not think it is worth the effort at this point to re-take. I have already submitted my law school applications to two schools and indicated I would take the January LSAT. Therefore, my applications are "on hold" until the score is released. I already have two reportable scores, so do not need the third one for my application to be reviewed now.

Should I e-mail admissions with something along the lines of, "Dear Admissions Committee of X School, I am applying as a first-year law student. I submitted my application on X date. I am writing to update application information regarding my LSAT test scores. I will not be taking the January 2019 LSAT and would like for my reportable scores from X date and X date to be considered."

Any advice is appreciated!

Thank you.

Comments