Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which drilling materials to buy

Travis10Travis10 Free Trial Member
edited December 2014 in General 23 karma
Essentially I am trying to decide whether I should buy the Cambridge books or PDF files. Anyone have a suggestion? Or does it not really matter?

Comments

• aaabbbcccaaabbbccc Alum Member
    136 karma
    I just finished using the Cambridge drilling book (PT 1-38 one) and I definitely think it is helpful. Because it sorts questions by 1, 2, 3, 4 difficulties, you can quickly recognize how difficult questions are structured/worded (as well as their answer choices) compared to relatively easier ones. Also, because they sort questions by different types, it has helped me a lot to build strategies for particular LR types.

I also bought LG and RC Cambridge drilling books, and I don't find them as helpful as the LR one
  • LeBisondeMistLeBisondeMist Alum Member
    edited December 2014 135 karma
    I would suggest the drilling PDFs rather than the books. I've definitely reused some of the drills (especially games). I also plan to reprint some of the questions I answered incorrectly the first time around. Yes, there's a printing cost associated, but I still think it's more valuable to have the PDFs and the ability to redo drills.

I would also suggest buying all three sections of drills. I've found LR, LG, and RC to be equally useful.
  • jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    +1 to PDF files
  • ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    I third PDF Cambridge Packets.
  • Travis10Travis10 Free Trial Member
    23 karma
    Thanks guys!