Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fool Proofing LG 1-35 again

TylerPKPTylerPKP Alum Member
in Logic Games 150 karma

I have fool proofed LG 1-35 and I'm still averaging -8 or -10. I think my problem is I didn't do the weird games that showed up 1-20. Should I just do those games i didn't fool proof or should I start over?

Comments

• tristan.locke1tristan.locke1 Alum Member
    100 karma

How many times did you do each game when you foolprooed 1-35 in your original process? Foolproofing implies that you literally do games over and over (sometimes 10x) until you 100% master them. That also means if you finish a game perfectly and in-time today that you can repeat that success in 2 weeks. If in 2 weeks you don’t ace the game, then you have to play it again until you’re getting 100%.

I know this sounds nuts and stupid, but I promise it really works! Trust the process!

I would make sure you can do the unusual games in 1-20 just as as well as the others. But if you’re time constrained, I would focus on the games that are most likely to show up in new LSATs.

• BamboosproutBamboosprout Alum Member
    1694 karma

@"tristan.locke1" said:
    How many times did you do each game when you foolprooed 1-35 in your original process? Foolproofing implies that you literally do games over and over (sometimes 10x) until you 100% master them. That also means if you finish a game perfectly and in-time today that you can repeat that success in 2 weeks. If in 2 weeks you don’t ace the game, then you have to play it again until you’re getting 100%.

I know this sounds nuts and stupid, but I promise it really works! Trust the process!

I would make sure you can do the unusual games in 1-20 just as as well as the others. But if you’re time constrained, I would focus on the games that are most likely to show up in new LSATs.

Yeah, agreed. It doesn't sound like you completely fool proofed all the games. Be more critical of your practicing, be brutally critical, because no one else will, and when you're not critical of yourself, your results will show. Do you have a document somewhere that records how many questions you got wrong, which questions you got wrong, how long it took you to finish the game, and when to redo the game? If not, then you might not have even begun to really fool proof.

Assuming by "unusual games", you mean miscellaneous, I would say you can do them, but don't focus on them. The whole point of these games is that you can't really prepare for them. As JY says, the best way to do them is to do all the other games as fast as possible, and leave enough time for you to just trial and error this game. If you have the normal games down, miscellaneous games will fall into place too. There is nothing tricky in miscellaneous games. It just takes time for you to absorb what it is saying.

Wish you the best of luck.

• ExcludedMiddleExcludedMiddle Alum Member
    737 karma

I do recommend that you do the weird games. Even though they seem unlikely to reappear, and may seem like they won't help you improve at the majority of games that will appear in the section, sometimes one will show up and your having foolproofed/done those games from prior tests may help you build some intuition for how to approach them. I did some 5*-rated miscellaneous games from the 60s after I'd done some of the weird games in the bundle and I was able to come up with a good diagram and solve them without missing any questions in a reasonable amount of time. Eventually you will realize that half of the battle is avoiding the panic they hope to provoke with a game outside of your comfort zone.