Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sabbath observer Test

James RayJames Ray Alum Member
edited December 2014 in December 2014 LSAT 186 karma
Does the same curve apply to the regular and sabbath observer test or do they get their own? I guess it would make more sense for them to each get their own right?

Comments

• James RayJames Ray Alum Member
    186 karma
    Any others who took the Sabbath test?
  • jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    from a TLS thread: "I was just involved in a conversation about the Sabbath LSAT in which some misconceptions were spouted. The misconceptions were of the type that could lead to resentment that some people get to take an "easier" test. As a Sabbath-LSAT taker and former LSAT junkie, I just want to clear up some misconceptions I've heard.

Myth: The Sabbath test is the same as the other test, but two days later. This makes it easier for people to cheat.
    Fact: The Sabbath test has always been a different test than the one administered the previous Saturday. Sometimes, Sabbath tests, or sections of it, are later used in other exams. Alternately, sometimes other "contingency" exams like overseas and makeup exams are previously administered Sabbath exams, or vice versa.

Myth: The Sabbath test has no experimental section, and thus is only four sections long.
    Fact: The Sabbath test has experimental sections just like the regular test. In fact, there are even different experimentals and different orders the way there are for the regular administration.

Myth: You can choose to take the Sabbath test if that's more convenient or if you think it will be easier.
    Fact: In order to take the Sabbath test, you need to present a letter from a religious figure attesting to your membership in a religion that precludes taking the exam on Saturday. Once you present that letter, you may only take the Sabbath test for any future administrations as well. I speculate that if someone made a fuss about having dropped his religion and wanting to take the Saturday administration, LSAC would allow it. I also speculate that if they didn't, they would lose a lawsuit about it.

I should admit that in my personal opinion, the new "twists" that LSAC incorporates into the tests take a bit longer to reach the Sabbath tests. This makes practical sense, because it seems that the Sabbath, overseas, and makeup tests come from a set of backups that LSAC keeps handy.

The downside is that the Sabbath exams are undisclosed. This is because the tests are going to be recycled. I still have no idea where I did well and where I did poorly on either of the two LSATs I took."

given it is a different test in itself it very well could have a different curve, though it is also possible it is similarly difficult resulting in the same curve
  • reutreut Alum Member
    edited December 2014 6 karma
    I took the LSAT sabbath test Dec 2013, and the test that I took was the LSAT Sept 2014 (PP 73), I know the games and the RC passages were exactly the same. Not sure about the LRs (don't remember). I also took this past Dec 2014 sabbath test. Saw some very peculiar questions in the LR section.
  • David WayneDavid Wayne Free Trial Member
    edited December 2014 571 karma
    Seriously? Wow. I'm a sabbath taker btw. How can you be so sure, just out of curiosity?
  • LSATislandLSATisland Free Trial Inactive Sage
    1878 karma
    I'll confirm the above comment from @reut. I don't have PT73, but I took a look at the LG section here on 7sage and it's the same. Brought back memories! (If you want to send me info on PT73's RC and LR, I'll try confirming if those were the same as well.)

This doesn't surprise me. It's efficient for LSAC to reuse non-disclosed tests.
  • reutreut Alum Member
    edited December 2014 6 karma
    Hi there, I have a freakishly good memory, particularly with games and reading comp, strong sections for me @sharon wayne. Not that memory helps considering that as a sabbath taker I would never benefit from remembering the lsat contents (we are always two tests ahead). Also, I kind of had a hunch that LSAC was doing that, so I did all the test from PP65-73, the latest. I have the PP73, if you need @lsatisland
  • James RayJames Ray Alum Member
    186 karma
    Any thoughts on what the curve will be for the sabbath test this year?