Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thoughts on My Study Plan?

naveedhalavinaveedhalavi Alum Member
edited December 2014 in General 124 karma
Hey guys, so i was wondering if i could get your opinion on my study plan. I recently finished taking Blueprint Prep course around 1 week ago and since then i've just been doing timed sections from preptests 33 - 37, with one full timed PT.

I have no time restrictions at all since i graduated from UG and have money saved up, so i don't need to work for the time being. Since Blueprint used real PTs in their materials it only leaves me with like 14 Fresh practice tests to use to get a score from, so i'm using those maybe once every 2 weeks or so to measure my progress.

As for materials to practice from, i have all of the practice tests to date and have gotten them printed out and coil bounded. My last timed fresh PT that i did with blueprint i scored a 153, and my most recent BR that i did was around 173, so i'm using that as my most recent score to base my focus on and still working on my accuracy until it gets above a 175+. My plan for the next 8 weeks is as follows:

Month 1: My focus is gonna be improving my BR to be consistently above 175+. This is the schedule i have in mind:

- Monday & Wednesday: Full 5 section PT w/ Blind Review.

- Tuesday & Thursday: Drilling areas i'm not great at + hammering the Memory Method for reading comp and repeating games from the Full PT that i wasn't getting in perfect time or missed questions on.

- Friday: Day Off to prevent Burn Out.

- Saturday: Full 5 section PT w/ Blind Review (2 of these in this month will be Fresh to measure my score).

- Sunday: Review Day (Going back and reviewing each problem i got wrong during blind review and review it + drill any question type or game that i'm having trouble on)

Month 2: Switch gears to timing and endurance:

- Mondays & Wednesdays : Full 5/6 section PT w/ Blind Review.

- Tuesday & Thursdays: Individual Timed Sections + Any drilling if need be.

- Friday: Day Off

- Saturday: Full 5/6 section PT w/ Blind Review (3 of these will be fresh).

- Sunday: Review Day.

Doing this will leave me around 6-7 Fresh PTs to have just in case i'm not at my target score (170+) by the February test. If that happens then i plan on continuing the same plan until the June test.

Any opinions on things that i can add to make it better or if this is too intense?

Thanks Guys!

- Naveed.

Also one thing i've realized is just how important BR is. I WISH i would have found 7sage sooner. Although Blueprint taught me great foundational stuff, i know i could have learned it faster with 7 sage and improved wayyy more, mainly because all the intense amounts of work and studying i did with blueprint... i could have been BR-ing and learning a ton more in terms of improving the way i approach problems and tweak what works for ME. My original diagnostic was a 152, and the highest i ever scored after taking blueprint was a 157 with constant fluctuations. I felt like i had accuracy down but it wasn't until i did my first BR and i got a 163 on accuracy that i realized that there were deep foundational mistakes that i needed to improve on before i could hammer on timing. Only after 2 weeks of BR and drilling i've been able to improve my accuracy to 173 already, so seriously thank you 7sage for your free resources, you guys are amazing!

Comments

• jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    well first off I am extremely jealous that you have the time to do this :/ lol FT work sucks :P
    but anyways, I think you seem to have a solid grasp of what needs to be done and def approve of your schedule lol especially your review days... as long as you're taking note of what you're down on and work to improve and brush up in whatever books/lessons you have you can def see some great improvement if you stay strong and stick with this