Questions - Need some Answers and advice please!

lsatstudy18lsatstudy18 Alum Member
in General 156 karma

First question - I'm having a difficult time trying to figure out when to use conditional reasoning. Can someone explain to me which questions types are most common in which to use these CR?

Second Question - When should I use the questions from the test bank? I feel like there is no time set to use these questions for practice. Should I do them when Im working on that exact lesson?
For example I'm currently on Validity and MBT. Should I do the question bank - MBT questions types for more practice the same day that i'm studying this section?

I feel like if I work on these I'll forget them towards the end of the CC. That's what happened last time, I wasn't able to remember anything. While Pting I forgot how to spot an arguments premises, conclusion, context, etc...

I want to keep re-enforcing every lesson so I don't forget what to do on each problem type. Can anyone suggest what I should do?

Also, I'm incorporating powerscore lessons with 7sage. For example, when I was working on the Weakening lesson, I would go through 7sages lesson and once I was done I would go through powerscore. I would do those early in the afternoon from 1pm to about 4 pm or until I finish both lessons. I would then stop and around 7pm I would work on powerscores study schedule because I begin learning LG and RC early rather then later.

Comments

• FixedDiceFixedDice Member
    1804 karma

I'm having a difficult time trying to figure out when to use conditional reasoning. Can someone explain to me which questions types are most common in which to use these CR?

MSS & MBT, Strengthen, Weaken, Flaw, and (Flawed) Parallel questions come to my mind. If you are having a difficult time trying to figure out when to use CR, I strongly suggest you don't move on from that lesson until you really, really know it. You don't want to spend time figuring out whether you are dealing with a causal or a conditional relationship, trust me.

Second Question - When should I use the questions from the test bank? I feel like there is no time set to use these questions for practice. Should I do them when Im working on that exact lesson?

You use them when you feel like you need practice or revisiting a certain question type. Don't use them too early, or you will have burned up some questions by the time you start tackling PTs.

I feel like if I work on these I'll forget them towards the end of the CC. That's what happened last time, I wasn't able to remember anything. While Pting I forgot how to spot an arguments premises, conclusion, context, etc...

I suspect you have not been internalizing the lessons you went through, i.e. waltzing through each lesson because you think you got it, only to find yourself blanking out during a PT. Spend time on and actually learn each lesson. Write short summaries in your own words; keep visiting them until it literally becomes your second nature.

That said...

Also, I'm incorporating powerscore lessons with 7sage.

Don't. One curriculum is more than plenty, especially if (1) that curriculum in question is 7Sage or PowerScore, and (2) you are not internalizing the lessons you go through. Give up PowerScore, and spend that time on reinforcing each lesson.

• lsatstudy18lsatstudy18 Alum Member
    edited February 2019 156 karma

@FixedDice Thank you for the advice! You cleared up a lot for me.

Also, I began studying the CC from start once I got my score on Feb 15. Now I actually understand everything that I've been studying!