PTF97.S1.Q16 - "When a group of people start a company"

originalataoriginalata Alum Member

Hey guys, can someone give their own explanation regarding how they arrive at the correct answer for this one?

For me, it is clear why A, D, and E are wrong, but I got hung up between B and C. I choose B both during the actual PT and during BR.

I initially chose B because it seems that it can be true given the information in the stimulus. While the stimulus states (in short) that is it unlikely individuals can adequately provide funding and the necessary skills, the unlikeliness of those possibilities does not seem to eliminate the possibility that some founders are adequate at providing both funding and skills.

After seeing that the answer is C, I was able to justify (somewhat) why B is incorrect. While some founders could be adequate at both funding and skills, it is not necessary. It also seems to contradict the stimulus because if some members can have both the adequate funding and skills, then you can challenge that having a group is more likely to be successful v. an individual.

Any other explanations on how to arrive to C? I am having a difficult time articulating exactly why C is correct without simply eliminating the other four ACs.