Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

International grad transcripts

JengibreJengibre Member
edited December 2014 in General 383 karma
Has anybody applying to law school completed a master's degree outside the US or Canada? I see on the LSAC website that undergraduate transcripts must be sent from the degree granting international institution, but I'm not clear on the protocol for graduate work. I did a master's in Spain...anyone know if I have to have the diploma and transcripts translated into English and forwarded directly from the university to LSAC? In case anyone has experience with this, words of wisdom much appreciated!

Comments

• LSATRudra!LSATRudra! Alum Member
    13 karma
    Hi there! I have degrees from outside the US as well. I requested the documents with my institution there for which they would have to fill out a transcript request form. This forms part of the processing of transcripts, thus completing the same; meaning there is not much for you to do with these foreign degrees other than the request form, for the LSAC would automatically process them. I do hope that helps. Please let me know if you want to know further.
  • JengibreJengibre Member
    383 karma
    Thank you! I also called LSAC and they said I could translate them myself, rather than having to pay for a professional translation (on the off chance anyone else was wondering!)