Road to 170+ LG Bootcamp Session ( April 14, 2019, 3PM EST

Michael.CincoMichael.Cinco Member Sage
edited April 2019 in General 2116 karma

UPDATE 2:

Zoom Meeting Info:

MICHAEL CINCO is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: BR GROUP REVIEW
Time: Apr 14, 2019 3:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/2394332748

One tap mobile
+16475580588,,2394332748# Canada

Dial by your location
+1 647 558 0588 Canada
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 239 433 2748
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/abvKR6s9iF

UPDATE:

The games we will go over are as follows:

I tried to spread them out over the PT set so that folks at different levels of readiness can participate, we will be going over them in numerical order so if you wish to avoid spoilers from future PT's you can bow out. There's 14 games so it may take longer than 2 hours but I think it will be worth it.

I have updated the google docs and created a separate TAB for each game. As you finish the games please log your time for your first pass runs and your best foolproof runs so we can see who's done them the fastest, that can guide us in our discussion on how to best tackle the games as time is always money in real life but especially in the LSAT.

Sequencing Boot Camp April 14: 3PM EST
PT Game # Name
30 2 Mendel Jacobson (Andrew Alterio on 7Sage)
36 3 Minji Kim (minjikim)
42 3 Rachael (2ndTimestheCharm)
55 4 Michael
56 4 Michael
63 3 Michael
63 4 Michael
71 4 Rachael
75 3 Rachael
85 4 Michael

I will also be posting a ZOOM meeting invite here when I get myself setup, I figured it's far better than SKYPE for this type as we can whiteboard and draw things out as we discuss.

Hi Folks:

I know there are several group BR's currently going on where Sagers are currently getting together to BR the LR sections of PT's leading up to the June/July LSATS but I haven't seen any sessions organized for Logic Games. For Many of us who are trying to get 170+ on the LSAT (and even some who aren't) an immaculate performance in the LG section is absolutely necessary. I believe we can help ourselves and each other by trying to tackle some of the hardest Logical Games (as rated by the vaunted 7 sage 5 star rating method) and then meeting up afterwards to discuss strategies and difficulties we might have had. JY's videos are great but lets face it he's got the brain of a super computer, for the rest of us with Commodore 64's we might be better off discussing human strategies amongst ourselves.

Premise:
We collectively (through the power of googles docs) determine a set of 8 games we will go over for a given session. We then tackle and FOOLPROOF the games prior to our session so we can have an informed discussion on how to tackle these games, and any strategies we might have employed. By sharing and learning from other high performing sagers we become better. My suggestion is that we hold 4 sessions, each focusing on a game type ( Sequencing, Grouping/in and out, Hybrid, Misc),

I can host the first one of these, which I propose we do Sequencing since it's typically the easier of the types of games and we can go from there. I am proposing we meet up on Sunday April 14th via ZOOM MEETING

What games are we doing?

I am open to suggestions as to which Sequencing games we will tackle for our session, please fill your suggestions in this google doc. Since we are doing sequencing I will only choose games labelled as sequencing (including double layers, sequencing with a test, sequencing with conditionals etc)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oPXeJXudhwrqcvEH2EDhH1ssVtH83zpFP6KBODk3hYM/edit?usp=sharing

Otherwise I will just choose randomly (and by randomly I mean I will just choose the 5 star difficulty games and we will all have a terrible time)

How Do You Join Skype?

MICHAEL CINCO is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: BR GROUP REVIEW
Time: Apr 14, 2019 3:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/2394332748

One tap mobile
+16475580588,,2394332748# Canada

Dial by your location
+1 647 558 0588 Canada
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 239 433 2748
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/abvKR6s9iF

Who Are you and Why are you Doing This?

My name is Michael and I am a Lawschool hopeful from Canada. My aim is to get a score of 170 on my next LSAT. My recent attempts have landed me at 161 and 166 respectively and the LG section has been my downfall each time. I want to get better and I want to help you get better so we can all achieve our goals.

Comments

• 2ndTimestheCharm2ndTimestheCharm Alum Member
    1810 karma

Count me in :smile:

• Andrew AlterioAndrew Alterio Alum Member
    394 karma

@"Michael.Cinco" great idea! I'm definitely interested.

1810 karma

Excited for this ... I have Skype on my computer, but these links above ask me to download Lync Web App ~ so I did, but it didn't open in another window...wondering if I'll be able to join just by clicking "join the meeting" - or if I should open Skype and call in? Please forgive my feeble understanding of virtual meeting technology ...

• Michael.CincoMichael.Cinco Member Sage
    2116 karma

@2ndTimestheCharm I believe that if you click on the 2nd link on your windows based laptop or computer it will launch your browser and you can just choose to join via the web app or browser (you may have to download a widget or browser extension)

On an android or. Apple device you'll have to download the skype for business app first and clicking on the link will launch the app. It should be free, you don't need to pay for it.

• PrincessPrincess Alum Member
    821 karma

Wow! This sounds like a great idea. I also wanted to share some of my logic games tips that have helped me a lot!

Logic Games FoolProof BINDER TECHNIQUE
    Once you have finished the lessons of the Logic Games, you are going to print off the the logic games bundle which has EVERY game from tests 1-35. Now those games, you want to do atleast 1 game EVERY DAY. Make piles, time yourself, repeat the ones you miss, continue the next day, and don't stop. The piles get bigger, it gets frusterating, keep watching the videos, and you will be fine.

Basically, I decided to print off the logic games bundle which was like all the games from PTs 1-35. I also added to the binder if I did a PT and would just put the games into the binder afterwards. I’ve been using google sheets to track my time, how many I got wrong, what date I first took the test, and more. If I got it wrong the first time, it goes in the second binder which is for more practice. If I missed questions, I would highlight it in red. I highlight in yellow if I had timing problems or if I’m just not 100% confident in the game and got lucky. I move those games to the second binder.

So, I’ll do like 10 PTs, move games accordingly to the second binder, redo the games, and see if there is improvement. If there is improvement, I move the games in the yellow tab for “practice”, but if I still suck…they stay in the red tab.

Usually, I just try the game, time myself, and step away from it. I will try to finish atleast 4 games. Then, I look over the games once more and decide if I want to stick to the answers or not. Which is sort of my BR, I guess. Then, I check the games! For the logic games, I swear it will just click because they just are repeated over and over.

• _aisling__aisling_ Alum Member
    289 karma

I'm not available on the 14th but would love to join a future Skype call for LG. My last practice test was a 165 and I'm hoping to get up to 171 by the September test (my goal is to be PTing at 175 by that time), and LG is going to be crucial to that improvement. I'm loving using JY's videos but I think that having a real-time discussion about tactics would be wonderful.

@"Michael.Cinco" said:
    Otherwise I will just choose randomly (and by randomly I mean I will just choose the 5 star difficulty games and we will all have a terrible time)

hahaha or maybe it would be an amazing time and we'd all come away feeling a little less like Commodore 64s ;)

edited April 2019 1810 karma

@"Michael.Cinco" said:
    @2ndTimestheCharm I believe that if you click on the 2nd link on your windows based laptop or computer it will launch your browser and you can just choose to join via the web app or browser (you may have to download a widget or browser extension)

On an android or. Apple device you'll have to download the skype for business app first and clicking on the link will launch the app. It should be free, you don't need to pay for it.

Thanks. I'm a Mac Book Air, and I just downloaded Skype for business. Hope it allows to me to join the meeting!

• minjikimminjikim Alum Member
    22 karma

I'm game! By when are we trying to decide which games we're doing? I've added two that I think are pretty challenging/useful.

• eva.marie.balzanoeva.marie.balzano Free Trial Member
    7 karma

I would love to! Is this free??

2116 karma

@minjikim @eva.marie.balzano

I'll post the games on Sunday followed by an updated google docs where we can post our times so we can see who's method is the fastest.

And yes this is totally free unless you count the opportunity cost of your time. I'm thinking it will be worth it though.

• skiatook89-1-1skiatook89-1-1 Alum Member
    175 karma

@Princess Thank you for tips on Logic Games. I am definitely going to give this approach a try and see if I can find that break through!

• Sunnopo1Sunnopo1 Alum Member
    98 karma

I’m interested, too, moving forward, but unfortunately have a conflict on the 14th.

edited April 2019 2116 karma

I updated the mainpost but the list of games are below.

Sequencing Boot Camp April 14: 3PM EST
    PT Game
    36 3
    42 3
    55 4
    56 4
    63 3
    63 4
    71 4
    75 3
    85 4

• Andrew AlterioAndrew Alterio Alum Member
    394 karma

@"Michael.Cinco" thanks for setting this up!
    I don’t think I want to use the later tests, so I guess I’ll leave when you hit them.

• fiona0987fiona0987 Alum Member
    16 karma

Count me in! :) Sounds like a great idea.

• DTLA NickDTLA Nick Member
    28 karma

Count me in. New to 7 Sage. How do we Foolproof the games before? Any advice would be great for setting up the binder -- anyone mind sending me a private message? Thanks so much.

edited April 2019 2116 karma

@"DTLA Nick" said:
    Count me in. New to 7 Sage. How do we Foolproof the games before? Any advice would be great for setting up the binder -- anyone mind sending me a private message? Thanks so much.

This is the pacifico method outlined here that most people find useful.

https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/2737/logic-games-attack-strategy/p1

2116 karma

Guys I am going to add 68 Game 4 on here for anyone who wants to discuss it. It’s a doozy

• Zamalek95Zamalek95 Member
    37 karma

Yoooo i'm so interested please count me in!!

2116 karma

Morgan: link to join our group chat

https://chat.whatsapp.com/HEr9S37YrIFBZNN6w4pFpZ

• morgancheeroamorgancheeroa Member
    8 karma

Thank you!!