Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Third lsat test schedule..would September be too soon?

vivilifeevivilifee Free Trial Member
edited April 2019 in September 2019 LSAT 14 karma

Hi I have taken LSAT twice so far..
First last November, I scored 163
This March I received 168..
I am hoping for another 5 point score improvement in my third and final LSAT score

I will apply to law schools this cycle
I am not studying LSAT right now because of uni and will resume when the semester is over in late June..
When do you recommend I take my next test?
Would September be too early/late?
Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• gettysburggettysburg Alum Member
    126 karma

I would discourage you from setting a date before you see the amount of work that lies ahead of you - a jump from a 168 to a 173 might entail a month of shoring up weak points or it might require a more fundamental refinement of your understanding of logic which may take longer.

There isn't really such thing as "too early" when it comes to the LSAT. September is perfectly suitable for any timeline. You can still send in applications early with a Sept. exam. Nov./Dec. is also not too late.

Also, since the March test is undisclosed it's difficult to see what points you missed. Do you have a sense of what was the hardest section? That would be a good indicator of where you should focus your time and energy primarily.

• vivilifeevivilifee Free Trial Member
    edited April 2019 14 karma

@gettysburg said:
    I would discourage you from setting a date before you see the amount of work that lies ahead of you - a jump from a 168 to a 173 might entail a month of shoring up weak points or it might require a more fundamental refinement of your understanding of logic which may take longer.

There isn't really such thing as "too early" when it comes to the LSAT. September is perfectly suitable for any timeline. You can still send in applications early with a Sept. exam. Nov./Dec. is also not too late.

Also, since the March test is undisclosed it's difficult to see what points you missed. Do you have a sense of what was the hardest section? That would be a good indicator of where you should focus your time and energy primarily.

Thanks for the comment! I am pretty sure I did well (0 or -1~2) in all sections except LG.. someone in my room started sobbing during the entirety of the LG section and I was very distracted. I don't blame them though I plan to take my pts in louder places from now on to get used to the noise. Also my weakness is LG or RC because I often take too long to diagram or read passages. I rarely get LR questions wrong so I plan to focus on improving my RC qnd LG scores..