Help - Stuck on Manhattan Prep LG Open Group Question

kstiffler09kstiffler09 Alum Member
in Logic Games 53 karma

Hi friends, I'm using a Manhattan Prep book just to get more LG practice, 7Sage is clearly superior ;), and I'm struggling to figure out how they arrived at their solution. It's an open grouping setup with the following:
5 condominiums R Q S T V each has at least one of three features - F, H, M.
Rules:
Q has fewer features than S
P and T have exactly one feature in common
Both Q and V have hardwood floors
P has more features than any other condominium

I tried to write out their solution but it doesn't show up correctly on here so if anyone has solved it and can explain how they got to their board that would be awesome #help Thanks!

Comments

• drbrown2drbrown2 Alum Member
    2227 karma

@kstiffler09
    Do you mean R and T have exactly one feature in common (not P) and R has more features than any other condo (not P)? You originally gave RQSTV as the condo pieces.

I set it up as a chart. RQSTV going down and FHM up on top, with columns and rows. If R has more than any other condo then R has to have 3 because S has more than Q, so S must have at least 2. R has all 3 features, S has 2, Q has 1. Also, T can only have 1 since it has exactly 1 in common with R, which has all 3.

• kjsmith914kjsmith914 Alum Member
    226 karma

Can you provide the PT and game number?

• kstiffler09kstiffler09 Alum Member
    53 karma

@drbrown2 Yes that's my mistake, the condos are PQSTV, not R. I was missing the crucial inference that T could only have one feature since P has all three and T and P can only have one feature in common. Thank you! @kjsmith914 Manhattan Prep doesn't reference a PT or game number so it's unclear whether they made this up or just didn't list the PT.